crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any way to adjust camber and toe in the rear on the S550 with completely stock parts? I called Firestone because I noticed my rear passenger wheel has a lot more camber than the driver wheel or either of the front wheels. In contrast, my driver's rear wheel has inward toe, while the passenger side is completely straight. The Firestone guy said that they'll do a free check, but he said "as far as he knows" there is no way to adjust the rear camber or toe, even though I've read differently.
Can anyone show me how to adjust it (with pictures preferably) on completely stock parts? I've seen that there's a bolt that can be moved and it should adjust both at the same time, but I'm not sure where it is.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
asked and answered multiple times. and each time to the affirmative. And even handy diagrams pointing out the bolts in question.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
asked and answered multiple times. and each time to the affirmative. And even handy diagrams pointing out the bolts in question.
Can you maybe link some of those threads then? I've found some but they usually have caveats like "I have BMR links" or "I just installed new lowering springs". It would be helpful if you could link some of those threads since they are so plentiful.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Is there any way to adjust camber and toe in the rear on the S550 with completely stock parts? I called Firestone because I noticed my rear passenger wheel has a lot more camber than the driver wheel or either of the front wheels. In contrast, my driver's rear wheel has inward toe, while the passenger side is completely straight. The Firestone guy said that they'll do a free check, but he said "as far as he knows" there is no way to adjust the rear camber or toe, even though I've read differently.
Can anyone show me how to adjust it (with pictures preferably) on completely stock parts? I've seen that there's a bolt that can be moved and it should adjust both at the same time, but I'm not sure where it is.
There absolutely is and it takes about 15 seconds of looking at toe link to figure out how. Camber adjustment is at the upper mount of the camber link (deeper in the subframe) - undo the bolt and shift the link towards either side. Ford's shop manual shows this clearly that any show should have access to.
I'm bored so see the pics from the manual. Dude has to be literally blind to not spot toe adjustment...
rear_toe.jpg.png
rear_camber.jpg.png

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
There absolutely is and it takes about 15 seconds of looking at toe link to figure out how. Camber adjustment is at the upper mount of the camber link (deeper in the subframe) - undo the bolt and shift the link towards either side. Ford's shop manual shows this clearly that any show should have access to.
I'm bored so see the pics from the manual. Dude has to be literally blind to not spot toe adjustment...
rear_toe.jpg.png
rear_camber.jpg.png
Thanks. I'm guessing the top picture is for toe adjustment and the second picture is the camber?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Thanks. I'm guessing the top picture is for toe adjustment and the second picture is the camber?
Correct. Also, meant shop not show when I wrote any "any .... should have access to". Shops typically use the software with all the manuals in them (forgot the name), but pages would look exactly the same like what I attached. And this has not changed since 2015...
I would seriously reconsider using that shop, another question is how well their rack is calibrated....

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I would seriously reconsider using that shop, another question is how well their rack is calibrated....
This ^^^

That Firestone guy sounds like he just doesn't want to mess with rear wheel alignment and that was his polite way of saying "go away".

Norm

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
This ^^^

That Firestone guy sounds like he just doesn't want to mess with rear wheel alignment and that was his polite way of saying "go away".

Norm
Oh yeah, definitely. I just wanted to see what they say with the free alignment check. After he said that there was no way to adjust, I looked for other shops.
Sponsored