Real World Steeda Strut/Shock feedback

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Last year, I put the Steeda Sport Springs on my non Magna Ride 2020 Bullitt. At the time I had maybe 7K miles and though they improved the look, stance, and handling, it seems to me at 13K the stock shocks/struts are kaputz.

I did not like the speed shop experience or cost to have the springs installed, so this week I decided to buy the prebuilt rear shocks with Steeda upper mount and prebuilt front struts/springs and camber Plate. I will install the new units and get a fresh alignment.

I've been very happy with my current Steeda products, and look forward to the new Steeda Struts/shocks, but am itching for some REAL WORLD experience and improvements for those who have gone with the Steeda Sport Springs and matched non-adjustable shocks and struts. What can I expect?

I also have the Steeda lower strut brace (surprising improvement) and the IRS Suspension braces, and have high hopes, but would like to see and hear about your experiences.

Not looking for a Steeda discount, but I am truly impressed with their products, and think EVERY S550 owner needs to at a minimum swap out the clutch spring and add the lower front strut brace. Transforms the clutch response and take up, and front suspension tracking and response. Their IRS stuff is good too,

I'll post up my feedback once I get the new parts installed, but dont be shy with your experience Opinion, non Steeda, non applicable comments need not apply, I only want to hear from those who have installed the Steeda shocks/struts in place of the stock PP1 or other dampers.

YES, Bourbon was involved in this post...... gratuitous pic just because I Love my car.

TIA
result_1604845771817.jpg
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I have the Steeda Pro Active struts with the Minimum drop springs and totally love the combination. The car feels firm w/o being harsh. Perfect quality and fitment.

20210816_165928.jpg

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I also have the Steeda minimum drop springs (front only) and the the Steeda Pro Actions shocks/struts (all around). Massive improvement over the stock base shocks. Its a firmer ride but not at all harsh. Feels much more like a sports car than before. I highly recommend them

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback, makes me feel better about the purchase. The Stock units arent bad, but they have really lost what was good. I INTENTIONALLY went for the non Magna ride, and hoped to get 30-40K out of the stock units, but am excited about these.

I decided to go for the prebuilt units with Steeda Camber Plates and upper shock mounts, will make the swap out much easier, and will take to a dealer for the alignment unless I can find another/better shop.

Everything I have read seems to indicate that the Steeda units eliminate the porpoising of the stock suspension (feels like a see-saw on bumpy roads) I also strongly suspect that the shop that did the work either removed the bump stops or left them uncut. VERY unhappy with their work, took 5 trips to get the alignment right. I will find out when I pull the units off.

I'll be selling the front Steeda Sport Springs and re-assembling the stock struts with factory springs, clean up the stock units and put in a box in case I ever want to return the car to stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I am running the Steeda Progressive springs with Steeda Pro Action shocks and struts. Nice stance, firm and controlled ride with very little harshness. 2 years now and still love it.

V6fhC9Y.jpg
Are you running spacers, or wheels with better offsets?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I tried the Active+progressive and adjustable Actions+dual-rate. I'm switching to bmr sp083 springs at least for the front and/or changing to the coilover version of the adjustable Actions.

I think the Steeda dampers work best with straight rate springs in the 200-250/900-1000 range.

I was not very happy with the Active shocks but I'm overly picky. They are far from bad, I just expect better.

I recommend against their "adjustable" bump stops and the ford. I use eibach.

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
Last year, I put the Steeda Sport Springs on my non Magna Ride 2020 Bullitt. At the time I had maybe 7K miles and though they improved the look, stance, and handling, it seems to me at 13K the stock shocks/struts are kaputz.

I did not like the speed shop experience or cost to have the springs installed, so this week I decided to buy the prebuilt rear shocks with Steeda upper mount and prebuilt front struts/springs and camber Plate. I will install the new units and get a fresh alignment.

I've been very happy with my current Steeda products, and look forward to the new Steeda Struts/shocks, but am itching for some REAL WORLD experience and improvements for those who have gone with the Steeda Sport Springs and matched non-adjustable shocks and struts. What can I expect?

I also have the Steeda lower strut brace (surprising improvement) and the IRS Suspension braces, and have high hopes, but would like to see and hear about your experiences.

Not looking for a Steeda discount, but I am truly impressed with their products, and think EVERY S550 owner needs to at a minimum swap out the clutch spring and add the lower front strut brace. Transforms the clutch response and take up, and front suspension tracking and response. Their IRS stuff is good too,

I'll post up my feedback once I get the new parts installed, but dont be shy with your experience Opinion, non Steeda, non applicable comments need not apply, I only want to hear from those who have installed the Steeda shocks/struts in place of the stock PP1 or other dampers.

YES, Bourbon was involved in this post...... gratuitous pic just because I Love my car.

TIA
result_1604845771817.jpg
very interested in how you like this new set-up. I’m looking at getting the same STEEDA pro-action strut/shocks
But I’m going with the min. Drop springs. Also Still deciding if I really need the adjustables or just go non-adjustable..
Any reasons why you didn’t go with adjustable shock/strut ?
Btw - beautiful bullitt
Thanks.

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
very interested in how you like this new set-up. I’m looking at getting the same STEEDA pro-action strut/shocks
But I’m going with the min. Drop springs. Also Still deciding if I really need the adjustables or just go non-adjustable..
Any reasons why you didn’t go with adjustable shock/strut ?
Btw - beautiful bullitt
Thanks.
Thanks, I will definitely post up my feedback.

I don't track or dual purpose my car, so adjustable shocks were unnecessary.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I am running the Steeda Progressive springs with Steeda Pro Action shocks and struts. Nice stance, firm and controlled ride with very little harshness. 2 years now and still love it.

V6fhC9Y.jpg
Great look & thank you for sharing - truly appreciated!

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda Pro Active struts with the Minimum drop springs and totally love the combination. The car feels firm w/o being harsh. Perfect quality and fitment.

20210816_165928.jpg
Thank you, Alberto!

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried the Active+progressive and adjustable Actions+dual-rate. I'm switching to bmr sp083 springs at least for the front and/or changing to the coilover version of the adjustable Actions.

I think the Steeda dampers work best with straight rate springs in the 200-250/900-1000 range.

I was not very happy with the Active shocks but I'm overly picky. They are far from bad, I just expect better.

I recommend against their "adjustable" bump stops and the ford. I use eibach.
curious on what you didn't like about the pro-actives? Brian from Steeda recommended them to me matched up with steeda minimum drop springs, really don't plan on tracking the car just street, and some dragstrip a few times a year.

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you had to chose between the Steeda pro-actives or pro-actions ( non- adjustable) ? matched up with min. drop springs, for daily street driving.
thanks
Sponsored