Sponsored

Real world pricing on an 18 Ecoboost?

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I registered here pretty soon after the S550 was announced, was heavily on the V6 side, and saw EB as crap. Well years went by, I got smarter, V6 was dropped and here I am now slowly but surely looking to get myself into an EB. Probably by the end of this year I'll be out looking physically, so the car in question would be a 2019 with 2020 coming in. But for now what is a real world price for a new 2018 EB Premium w/ Performance Package and 10 Spd Auto? Is $30k otd possible? I'm asking here, because dealers seem to love to stack on various rebates etc. on prices making it difficult to judge what is really possible in terms of pricing.
Sponsored

RaceRedGT!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I registered here pretty soon after the S550 was announced, was heavily on the V6 side, and saw EB as crap. Well years went by, I got smarter, V6 was dropped and here I am now slowly but surely looking to get myself into an EB. Probably by the end of this year I'll be out looking physically, so the car in question would be a 2019 with 2020 coming in. But for now what is a real world price for a new 2018 EB Premium w/ Performance Package and 10 Spd Auto? Is $30k otd possible? I'm asking here, because dealers seem to love to stack on various rebates etc. on prices making it difficult to judge what is really possible in terms of pricing.
Mainly depends on the volume of the dealership and what they are willing to sell a vehicle for, I happen to work at David McDavid Ford in Fort Worth Texas and some of our mustang go up to almost $6000 in dealer discounts alone and with the manufacturer incentives even more. Depending on Spec and discounts its certainly not unreasonable.

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Mainly depends on the volume of the dealership and what they are willing to sell a vehicle for, I happen to work at David McDavid Ford in Fort Worth Texas and some of our mustang go up to almost $6000 in dealer discounts alone and with the manufacturer incentives even more. Depending on Spec and discounts its certainly not unreasonable.
Thanks for replying. I was also looking at a lightly used 2018 with the same spec and you can get one for 29k with 4k miles (kona blue, PP, LCD dash/gauges, 10 speed Auto, perfect spec pretty much, but once I'm ready to buy i'll be looking at 19s, so active exhaust would be nice). New is new, can't beat that, but if nothing is to be found within the price I'm looking for (30k) then i might have to go slightly used.

RaceRedGT!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Thanks for replying. I was also looking at a lightly used 2018 with the same spec and you can get one for 29k with 4k miles (kona blue, PP, LCD dash/gauges, 10 speed Auto, perfect spec pretty much, but once I'm ready to buy i'll be looking at 19s, so active exhaust would be nice). New is new, can't beat that, but if nothing is to be found within the price I'm looking for (30k) then i might have to go slightly used.
I bought my 18 GT with 401a, 10speed and safe and smart for 32900. So I’m almost positive you could find an eco if you waited for the right one

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I bought my 18 GT with 401a, 10speed and safe and smart for 32900. So I’m almost positive you could find an eco if you waited for the right one
That sounds like a killer deal right here. Where did you get yours if you don't mind me asking?

Sponsored

RaceRedGT!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
That sounds like a killer deal right here. Where did you get yours if you don't mind me asking?
Forgot to mention it was pre owned, but I bought it at the dealership I work at. McDavid Ford Fort Worth, Texas.

OP
OP
Simon

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Forgot to mention it was pre owned, but I bought it at the dealership I work at. McDavid Ford Fort Worth, Texas.
Oh ok, still a good price though. I just checked that place out, there is a nice '19 Lightning Blue EB Premium PP (https://www.mcdavidford.com/new/For...a0e0aea2d855a3839dbf33d.htm?searchDepth=21:35) with every option box checked there is (including active exhaust and digital gauge cluster), but $39k is pretty far off from my budget (not that I would expect a fully loaded EB for $30k msrp). I guess either left overs or lightly used is the way to go.
Sponsored