Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
  2. Shipey

Shipey Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 DHG Bullitt.
    0   0   0
    I've been looking at oils for some time, and am considering their SFE SAE 5W-20, which is a fully synthetic PAO based oil, and MT-2 for the tranny and MT-1 for the diff. I believe all these oils meet the latest Ford specification.

3. CrashOverride

CrashOverride Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    I used allinol, but my car blew up when a TV camera pointed at my engine.

Sorry, I had to say it. My nephew loves Cars 2 and I've seen it dozens of times.

thelostotter likes this.
  4. Shipey

Shipey Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 DHG Bullitt.
    0   0   0
    If it really matters to you, the Ford spec is WSS-M2C945-B1 for SAE 5W-20. None of the Ravenol flavors carry that specification. It could matter if you'd develop a major engine problem while under warranty and Ford does an oil analysis and determines you were not running a specified oil. Ravenol America is contacting Germany to find out if one of their listed foreign specifications for direct injected engines meets or exceeds the Ford specification. I will post their answer on here when they contact me.

Their MTF-2 75W-80 meets the Ford transmission spec (WSS-M2C200-D2) , so I plan to try it. My tranny sometimes has a bit of synchronizer "nibble" when shifting into 2nd and 3rd gear. Hopefully that oil change will cure it.

Ravenol also makes DGL 75W-85 LS gear oil for the differential, which already contains limited-slip additive. I don't think Ford has a specification for that application. Both of those Ravenol oils are fully synthetic.

5. GregO

GregO Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    S550 GTPP
    0   0   0
    Have you considered Motul Multi DCTF ?
    After 4 days of -25F I can honestly report my MT-82 shifted like butter after my short 1/3 mile drive to exit my neighborhood to the main road.
    In temps above 15F this fluid solved the low temperature 1-2 hard shifting issue.

6. Shipey

Shipey Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 DHG Bullitt.
    0   0   0
    I already have Ravenol for the tranny and diff, but may consider the Motul if it doesn't work out. Thanks for the recommendation.