Ravenol? Anyone tried it?

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Made in Germany. I know they do tranny fluid, but didn't know they do motor oil too. Lots of good reviews, but it does seem kind of pricey.

https://www.amazon.com/RAVENOL-J1A1...8&qid=1543875072&sr=8-1&keywords=ravenol+5w20

That's about all I can find on it.
I've been looking at oils for some time, and am considering their SFE SAE 5W-20, which is a fully synthetic PAO based oil, and MT-2 for the tranny and MT-1 for the diff. I believe all these oils meet the latest Ford specification.

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
If it really matters to you, the Ford spec is WSS-M2C945-B1 for SAE 5W-20. None of the Ravenol flavors carry that specification. It could matter if you'd develop a major engine problem while under warranty and Ford does an oil analysis and determines you were not running a specified oil. Ravenol America is contacting Germany to find out if one of their listed foreign specifications for direct injected engines meets or exceeds the Ford specification. I will post their answer on here when they contact me.

Their MTF-2 75W-80 meets the Ford transmission spec (WSS-M2C200-D2) , so I plan to try it. My tranny sometimes has a bit of synchronizer "nibble" when shifting into 2nd and 3rd gear. Hopefully that oil change will cure it.

Ravenol also makes DGL 75W-85 LS gear oil for the differential, which already contains limited-slip additive. I don't think Ford has a specification for that application. Both of those Ravenol oils are fully synthetic.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Their MTF-2 75W-80 meets the Ford transmission spec (WSS-M2C200-D2) , so I plan to try it. My tranny sometimes has a bit of synchronizer "nibble" when shifting into 2nd and 3rd gear. Hopefully that oil change will cure it.
Have you considered Motul Multi DCTF ?
After 4 days of -25F I can honestly report my MT-82 shifted like butter after my short 1/3 mile drive to exit my neighborhood to the main road.
In temps above 15F this fluid solved the low temperature 1-2 hard shifting issue.

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Have you considered Motul Multi DCTF ?
After 4 days of -25F I can honestly report my MT-82 shifted like butter after my short 1/3 mile drive to exit my neighborhood to the main road.
In temps above 15F this fluid solved the low temperature 1-2 hard shifting issue.
I already have Ravenol for the tranny and diff, but may consider the Motul if it doesn't work out. Thanks for the recommendation.
Sponsored