Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Not sure if this was brought up already, but cleaning the inside of the rear window is a pain in the arse. This next one is really for any new car, but the butt-ugly caution billboards on the sun visors irritate the piss out of me. All they do is make me not look at what they say. Have had the car for almost 2 months and I still have not read them. Anyone now a good method for removing that crud?
I've read that removing those visor stickers is a major undertaking with so-so results. I just bought the black decals that cover them. It's not a perfect match, but far easier to ignore than the big bright yellow and white idiot advice signs.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I feel like just getting a new one for car shows ..and the other one for everyday driving
Have you removed one? Definitely cringe worthy thinking something will snap. I think the instructions that come with the panels say to check with your doctor to see if your heart is up to the stress.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I feel like just getting a new one for car shows ..and the other one for everyday driving
Have you removed one? Definitely cringe worthy thinking something will snap. I think the instructions that come with the panels say to check with your doctor to see if your heart is up to the stress.
Yeah, it's not something to take on and off. A better option would be to have it professionally painted gloss black and clear coat it. Or remove the emblem, PPF over it, re-install emblem.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Lol yes a few times ..on my new one I took it off to do the stripes. On my old 15 I took off my MMD to put it back to stock one .before trading it in . I tuned the back up camera upside down.to mess with the dealership.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I've read that removing those visor stickers is a major undertaking with so-so results. I just bought the black decals that cover them. It's not a perfect match, but far easier to ignore than the big bright yellow and white idiot advice signs.
Same. I got the blackout vinyl from Anchor Room.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Not sure if this was brought up already, but cleaning the inside of the rear window is a pain in the arse. This next one is really for any new car, but the butt-ugly caution billboards on the sun visors irritate the piss out of me. All they do is make me not look at what they say. Have had the car for almost 2 months and I still have not read them. Anyone now a good method for removing that crud?
I hate the visor sticker too, but that is govt regulations, not Ford.Removing them will just make the visor look worse. They sell stickers on eBay to cover them.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I seriously considered changing it out for the round badge from a s197...
I bought the gloss black panel with no badges. I love how that looks. They can hear that it is a GT, It does not need a badge.

Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Was gonna get a gearshift.
Wifey says; 'buy an auto so I can drive it.
In 2.5 years she has driven it twice; about 30 miles.............:curse:
Similar thing happened to me... Wifey said "get a Buick so we can road trip with the kids". Used it for a road trip exactly once in 7 years. Next car was "talk to the hand" I only need 1 seat to drive to work and back... Mustang it is!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1