Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
The paint chips if you so much as even look at it the wrong way. Mine also had two bubbles on the trunk that the dealer was somehow able to hide when I looked at the car.

Also, while I was shopping for mine a few years back, I looked at a total of 8 S550's from different dealerships. Out of the 8, 3 of them had paint that was flaking off majorly and all of them had quite a few chips. These cars were all a year or two old with very low miles. Call it a coincidence if you would like, but I have seen enough examples in person and on the forums.

I would highly recommend getting a clear bra or some kind of protection applied to the front bumper, hood, roof and maybe even behind the wheels where your tires kick debris. I probably have close to 100 chips accumulated on my car in these areas and that isn't an exaggeration.
This is why my factory ordered car went from the dealer to my garage until I took it to get clear-bra'd: whole hood, whole front fenders, front end, mirrors, rockers, lower doors, behind the rear wheels, gas cap door, spill patch under gas door, A-pillars, roof cap.
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
The dipstick location: Checking the oil with a strut tower brace is a stupidly difficult maneuver
I'm not sure I ever got an accurate reading off that dipstick. No matter which way I pull it out, and I can't get it to not run along the walls of the tube, so I always have oil further up the dipstick.

icodyonline

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I wish the exhaust mode would be remembered by the computer.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Can we stop using BMW as a standard of good quality? The myth of German Engineering has got to die. I hope my Mustang is at least... three times more reliable. Because how are we supposed to teach kids to drive good if they can't even afford to keep up with a laundry list if maintenance issues?
I agree.

All these German engineered cars with inoperative turn signals. When will they ever make them work...

Hinzel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I wish the exhaust mode would be remembered by the computer.
that's a good one. also would be nice to remember drive mode, traction control enabled/disabled

it does remember steering feel but oddly enough not the others

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
The rev hang is super effing annoying, and makes it so difficult to shift smoothly (well that combined with the weird clutch)... On that note, anyone know of a good way to tune that nonsense out? It's especially painful when switching between that and my other car, which behaves the way one would expect an engine and manual trans to behave.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to know more about how you did this. I've been dying to do this/buy this. Also need an 18 steering wheel upgrade.
This looks great! Any chance that a write-up would be coming for us to get rid of that ugly 18+ cover?
x3 on this, have a buddy getting rid of some 11-14 coil covers for super cheap right now, and would scoop them up instantly if I knew more about this

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
x3 on this, have a buddy getting rid of some 11-14 coil covers for super cheap right now, and would scoop them up instantly if I knew more about this
Get them if there cheap ..the plastic is super easy to work with on modifying them with a Dremel underneath .I'm still doing a little trial and error but for the most part they look decent on there they don't fit perfect but it's better than not having anything at all on there. I'm driving around all this week with my test mules to see how they hold up.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Get them if there cheap ..the plastic is super easy to work with on modifying them with a Dremel underneath .I'm still doing a little trial and error but for the most part they look decent on there they don't fit perfect but it's better than not having anything at all on there. I'm driving around all this week with my test mules to see how they hold up.
My main question is how do you get them to stay on? Do you make some sort of bracket or just zipties or something?

Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
My main question is how do you get them to stay on? Do you make some sort of bracket or just zipties or something?
No zip ties yet ..as of right now the right side is such a tight fit because of the DI pump .it a snug it against the side wall and only need the PVC hose to hold it place .. if I decide to cut a hole where's the coil pack coil wire goes through ,it will lower down..then most likely I will use some plastic fasteners that will fit into the grommet on the coil pack covers with 3m commercial grade Velcro. Also I had to take the metal bracket and insulation off the DI pump to give it more clearance... The left side has required me to drill an extra hole because the small tube coming off of the CAI .but so far it's holding it frimly in place .

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT PP1
No zip ties yet ..as of right now the right side is such a tight fit because of the DI pump .it a snug it against the side wall and only need the PVC hose to hold it place .. if I decide to cut a hole where's the coil pack coil wire goes through ,it will lower down..then most likely I will use some plastic fasteners that will fit into the grommet on the coil pack covers with 3m commercial grade Velcro. Also I had to take the metal bracket and insulation off the DI pump to give it more clearance... The left side has required me to drill an extra hole because the small tube coming off of the CAI .but so far it's holding it frimly in place .
Cant wait to see the results, you're doing God's work Brandon!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Compared to my previous Camaro SS this car has a pretty harsh ride on any pavement imperfections. It's pretty darned stiff but it handles great so I'm okay with that. Another one believe it or not I find it almost a little too loud (exhaust) and it is all stock. But again I like it just sometimes at low speeds and RPM's it can be a little intrusive. Don't get me wrong I love the car but this is a bitching thread afterall LOL.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
The clutch. I cuss it at least once a week.
Do you have the Steeda clutch spring? It's only about $20 and simple to install. And just as easy to go back to stock if you don't like it. Clutch feel is much better since I swapped that in.
Sponsored