Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Was gonna get a gearshift.
Wifey says; 'buy an auto so I can drive it.
In 2.5 years she has driven it twice; about 30 miles.............:curse:
Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
My car has been great just hated that the evap core was replaced on a brand new car. But apart from that its been rock solid.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I read this whole thread in the past 15 minutes or so. For me, in no particular order: rear panel, it’s impossible to clean without scratching; I have the digital dash and, in Canada anyway, no oil pressure gauge available for the centre gauges; paint chips, I have more in the first 8 months than my 8 year old Sonata had when I traded it for the Mustang. That said, I enjoy my car immensely and every time I see a Challenger I am glad I didn’t buy one (it was originally my intention to buy one and then at my wife’s suggestion, we went topless).

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Was gonna get a gearshift.
Wifey says; 'buy an auto so I can drive it.
In 2.5 years she has driven it twice; about 30 miles.............:curse:
I used the excuse (amongst friends who know I prefer to daily a stick) that my girlfriend might need/want to drive my GT so I decided to get the A10. In reality, she refuses to drive it because she's uptight something bad will happen and I was gonna buy the A10 car anyways...why? Because racecar. :)

OP
OP

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I read this whole thread in the past 15 minutes or so. For me, in no particular order: rear panel, it’s impossible to clean without scratching; I have the digital dash and, in Canada anyway, no oil pressure gauge available for the centre gauges; paint chips, I have more in the first 8 months than my 8 year old Sonata had when I traded it for the Mustang. That said, I enjoy my car immensely and every time I see a Challenger I am glad I didn’t buy one (it was originally my intention to buy one and then at my wife’s suggestion, we went topless).
Paint is so thin on our cars I swear a strong gust of wind takes out chips. At 800 miles I had mine clear bra'd...before doing so, my friend who did the clear bra had to touch up several small chips on the car in that short amount of time. And no, I don't follow people closely, in fact I'm pretty paranoid and don't come close to tailgating anyone at all.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
paint chips, I have more in the first 8 months than my 8 year old Sonata had when I traded it for the Mustang. That said, I enjoy my car immensely and every time I see a Challenger I am glad I didn’t buy one (it was originally my intention to buy one and then at my wife’s suggestion, we went topless).
BIG x2 on this. I have 13k miles, I'm pretty religious about not following too close, and I still have rock chips ALL OVER the front end and the rear quarter behind the door... I even have a massive one on the roof of the car! I've been wanting to get the car ceramic coated, but just haven't been able to justify the $1500. At this point though, I may have to get the whole front end repainted *sigh*

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I'm kinda pissed at the trunks sheet metal. I shut the trunk with my wrist(my mistake) a little hard, since the first time i shut it, it didn't quite shut. I just noticed i dented it. I really didn't come down that hard. Pretty bummed about that, not too bad, but it's right on the flat spot that kicks up on the back so i see it. Eventually wanted a spoiler anyways.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
They did, it's the 10R80 :crackup:.
hard pass

I've driven multiple, and it just doesn't do it for me. Driving an automatic just reminds me too much of my boring Ford Focus. Also, definitely don't want to deal with those heat management issues

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If the downshifts in sport mode don't give you the fizz, you might have no soul. Definitely needed to go through the training period, but well worth it. Shit is very much unlike the slushbox of ye olde Focys and its ilk.
The downshifts in sport mode are quite meh compared to the thrill of a perfectly executed heel-toe downshift. It's still a slushbox and doesn't give me any feeling. Downshifts are cool but nowhere near as satisfying as a manual

Sponsored

bossmover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Convertible GT350, 2019 Bullitt
I had purchased a 2004 40th Anniversary Special new back in 2004. Last October I had the car fully hand sanded and painted the same factory colors but put three clear coats on it. Before that, not a scratch or dent was on it. I changed the Shocks, Struts, calipers, disc, and pads, the black louvered vent in front of the wind shield was replaced with a new one, both head light castings were replaced, the Front drivers seat was rebuilt, No smoking or eating in the car and I was the lone occupant 95% of the time. I had used a synthetic blend oil since day 1 and changed it every 3K without fail. I kept records on all maintenance done, even for every tank of gas-when I got it, from who, cost per gallon, total cost, mileage, and total average mileage. I was planning on being the original owner and driving it into the Antique Category. Three weeks ago the car was totaled by the insurance company because someone hit a van so hard behind me, while stopped at a red light, that it was driven into the back of my car and pushed in the trunk area to the spare tire, and pushed down the left corner. Sent me to the hospital. My car just sold on CoPart for only $300 after I just put in about $6K! Be careful on the road as others aren't. Oh, they guy who hit me has Geico Insurance and at the lowest amount. Six cars ended up being involved so his coverage will not cover it all. For some reason I have a million dollar coverage for liability but my agent forgot to put on uninsured motorists insurance on my policy. I am screwed!
I am not looking for a 2017 or newer Mustang which should last me for the rest of my life. Geesh.
Bummer, I'm just finishing up on my yellow 2004 GT Convertible, taking my time, so I just bought 2019 Bullitt. Hope you recover fast !

bossmover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Convertible GT350, 2019 Bullitt
2 things:

The damn seating position. I sit so high in the car! I was hoping that ordering Recaros would help alleviate this, but nope, nothing.

The damn transmission. Did a few highway pulls with a 2017 Camaro SS and drove it afterwards... on the highway pulls, I did it perfect but we hit traffic. 2nd pull, missed 3rd. every pull after that, granny shifted 3rd as to not miss again, and got pulled on every time. Then, while driving the Camaro, I found the 2-3 shift in that car is SO DAMN NATURAL, it just feels flawless. GIVE US A BETTER TRANS, FORD
There a handle that you can pump up or down to lower and raise the seat

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
There a handle that you can pump up or down to lower and raise the seat
I know. Full down still feels like I'm driving an explorer

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Not even close. Nothing that's $70 at retail is $2 designed, manufactured, shipped and installed.
The struts for my viper were $8 a pop. Hood struts do not cost that much. Also, if you were ever in the electronics business, mark up w would surprise you. I managed a Best Buy in the early 2000s, and we would get RF 10 and 12 inch subwoofers that were in the $299 to $499 range for retail, and our cost was between $18 to $50. A strut is a strut, and made in China, it's cheap. If direct injection was going to cost less than $60 an engine at their cost, I am willing to bet their cheapest supplier would supply the struts at a buck a pop.

Edit: I just looked up basic struts that are the same size as the ones Steeda sells with their kit, and you can get 2 generic ones at $6.99, retail. So retail is $3.50 a strut. I'll bet cost is under a buck if Ford was to buy 2 per car for 75,000 Mustangs they sell per year.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I don't understand the hatred for prop rods. Absolutely the lightest solution, with complete reliability and durability (your gas shocks will leak, sooner or later). Is it that much effort to lift the hood, grab the rod and place it in the proper hole?

Anyone remember the massive spring-loaded hinge contraptions of the 50s and 60s? Wanna add 50 pounds of useless weight to your car for convenience?
Sponsored