Random Question About Roush (SC) Tune and DIY Sync 3 Swap

Discussion in 'V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by hlfbkd420, Sep 12, 2019.

1. hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    18 Mustang GT w/ Roush Supercharger
    0   0   0
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure if I should put it in the NA, FI, or DIY section.

I have a Roush Blower on my car. It is a 2018 GT, A10, and the 300A model so it does not have drive modes (IE Drag Mode). I was contemplating doing the DIY sync 3 swap with the specific reason being to add the Drive Modes with the toggles.

Do you think this would impact the Roush Tune for the blower? I know you enable the modes using Forscan once you've completed the swap but wasn't sure if this would be impacted by the Roush tune.

Thoughts?

2. Chipks

Chipks Member

First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT - 10 speed - 3.55 rear
    0   0   0
    Did you ever get your mode toggle working? I'm interested because I have the same car as you. Purchased from dealer 2 months ago with 2400 miles on it. I had them swap in a sync 3 as part of the deal. Got it back and everything works except for mode switch. Now, I just ordered the new phase 2 Roush blower from them and they are going to install it when it gets here. (a week or so).

I told my salesman about the mode switch not working and he said they'd take a look at it when they do the blower install.I found the thread about the DIY enabling the mode switch, just hoping the dealer will be able or willing to do it.

If you got it working yourself, was it a real PITA to do, or not bad? Thanks!