Sponsored

Radio no sound

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
(Update) 4/13/2017 Unhooking the car battery did the trick. So Sync must have had something locked up or a sound driver issue most likely.

all the sudden this afternoon after lunch i started my car and realized I had no sounds coming from the speakers. EVERYTHING visual wise is working. the radio turns on the buttons all work ect just no sound. the voice command button also does not produce any sound. The only sound made is when i first turn on the car and the little warning bell initial beep thing kicks off like normal.

I did try shutting the engine off a few times and just hittin the button without cranking it. after work ill try seeing if maybe this dang thing will fix itself. Just curious if anyone had the same issue. ive seen people have issue with the radio itself not turning on or the display screen not working along with sound but not purely just sound not working. I forgot to mention I have a premium 2015 with the shaker system. even the button sounds do not work.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yea I have restarted 6-7 times now and even over night the issue isn;t resolves the normal bells and chimes work and the backup sensor make there noise but seems like anything to to with the screen/radio produces no sound. doesnt really seem to be alot of info on what specifically is the problem. i tried a master reset that did nothing. I guess I could try just unhooking the battery and possibly checking fuses if i can figure out which fuse would possibly go to the shaker system/speakers

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Now that I recall my issue may have been a little different. I clearly remember my rear view camera not working at all so I think I completely lost power to the radio. Restarting the car brought it back.

Take your car to the dealership, you are still under warranty, right? Or you now have an excuse to go with the Moddiction unit or something like that, right? :D

OP
OP

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
sadly i don't think I am. I'm at 34k miles and some change. SO im sure the stealership would love to ring up a nice charge to fix something faulty in the ford sync system.

Sponsored

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
Doesn't the factory warranty cover you for 3 years or 36,000 miles? You should have a few thousand miles left on your bumper to bumper.

OP
OP

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Oh for some reason I had it in my mind 33k now sure why, But to update. unplugging the Battery for about 2 minutes did the trick. So obviously Sync was having some sound issues behind the scenes.

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Shelby GT350. No stripes.
Had this happen last Sunday, 4/30. AV system normal visually and nav system working fine, but no sound from radio, CD, etc. Car had been sitting in the hot sun on a warm day (and I have no idea if that is relevant at all).

Resolved later by shutting off the engine and restarting the car. Been fine since.

But we should all track this issue by returning to this thread if the problem is repeated.

(I'll remember the battery disconnect trick if it comes to that.)

Jim
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack, Recaros

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Resurrection
Had my radio volume non responsive the other day.
Disconnected the battery for 20 seconds and all is good.
Sponsored