Sponsored

Radials.... Didn't help

Supreme_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My 18 base with a10 and 3.15s went 12.05 stock. Added VMS drag set up fronts and rears and only picked up to 11.9. Traction wasn't an issue with the stock rubber with good prep but wasn't consistent when the prep went away. It didn't pick up much over the stock set up, but was dead consistent with the drag radials. Fast forward to e85 tune and the drag setup really starts to come into play. I then needed the drag radial for traction. Stock tune 3.15 cars are dogs down low, but once tuned they'll fly even n/a. I'd definitely keep those gears if adding boost.
What did you run on e85?
Sponsored

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What did you run on e85?
11.3 at 124 first time out on E85. Since with a little more weight reduction I've gone 10.9 at 126. Still need to get a tune revision done. I've never retuned since the catless header install. It's also pulling some timing now up top due to false knock. Once all that is taken care of I feel it'll go 10.7 at 128/129 range, but we'll see.

Supreme_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
11.3 at 124 first time out on E85. Since with a little more weight reduction I've gone 10.9 at 126. Still need to get a tune revision done. I've never retuned since the catless header install. It's also pulling some timing now up top due to false knock. Once all that is taken care of I feel it'll go 10.7 at 128/129 range, but we'll see.
Nice!! What all did you do in regards to weight reduction? Have you done any suspension mods?

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice!! What all did you do in regards to weight reduction? Have you done any suspension mods?
Suspension is completely stock except for sportline springs that were already on the car when I bought it. Weight reduction is Braum seats, rear seat delete, BMR k-member, Mike Thomas fab front and rear bumper bars, DSS aluminum ds, Baer race brakes and of course wheels n tires. I've found no need at this point for suspension upgrades although I'm sure I probably will at some point with more power added. I have a CJ intake set up I'll be adding later this fall or winter. Trying to go sub 10.5 with stock converter and on footbrake only. Then I'll upgrade axles and converter for low 10s. At least that's the plan. This is a base A10 car with 3.15 gear.