Sponsored

Rack and pinion going bad

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Hello,

Anyone experienced failing rack and pinion?

The steering wheel clunks from side to side when parking the car.

I thought it was the strut mounts so I replaced them with brand new mounts.

The steering wheel feels binding and slightly heavy too. Also, when I am driving, i notice the wheel shaking just a little like it's either loose or very sensitive to the road.

Wheels aren't bad, tires are fine too, all balanced and well.

11k miles on the car.

Thanks
Sponsored

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Hello,

Anyone experienced failing rack and pinion?

The steering wheel clunks from side to side when parking the car.

I thought it was the strut mounts so I replaced them with brand new mounts.

The steering wheel feels binding and slightly heavy too. Also, when I am driving, i notice the wheel shaking just a little like it's either loose or very sensitive to the road.

Wheels aren't bad, tires are fine too, all balanced and well.

11k miles on the car.

Thanks
When my Durango had similar issues at 75K miles, a new steering rack fixed it. Not sure if it has rack and peanut steering.
Failing at 11K is pretty ridiculous, unless it got damaged and lost lube or something.

Deleted member 35786

Has your 3r/36k Mile warranty expired?
Your suspension been modified??

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am sitting in the waiting room of my Ford dealer waiting on a report back on this same steering issue on mine with 35K. I also have a broken retaining stud on the driver door window regulator. I also have other minor issues I am having them check. When I explained to the service writer about the window regulator stud she said they may have to replace the entire door! WTF? The level of ignorance is unbelievable. I already have two staked out on eBay if these clowns can’t figure this out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

soodsuhail88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I am sitting in the waiting room of my Ford dealer waiting on a report back on this same steering issue on mine with 35K. I also have a broken retaining stud on the driver door window regulator. I also have other minor issues I am having them check. When I explained to the service writer about the window regulator stud she said they may have to replace the entire door! WTF? The level of ignorance is unbelievable. I already have two staked out on eBay if these clowns can’t figure this out.
Snap! Are you lowered or stock height?

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Snap! Are you lowered or stock height?
Completely stock. The advised they found no issues with the front end. At least they are replacing my driver door window regulator, puddle lamps and driver sun visor that fell off in my lap. Just waiting on parts to arrive and I will drop it off.
Sponsored