OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I read one person went thru the back of the seat between the bottom and back. You are then sitting on the belt because there is no hole in the middle seat bottom to run the crotch strap through. Depending on seat position, my plan to use a second floor plate on the front of the seat may not work. The crotch strap might not even serve it's purpose if the strap is not anchored far enough back to keep you from sliding forward.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I read one person went thru the back of the seat between the bottom and back. You are then sitting on the belt because there is no hole in the middle seat bottom to run the crotch strap through. Depending on seat position, my plan to use a second floor plate on the front of the seat may not work. The crotch strap might not even serve it's purpose if the strap is not anchored far enough back to keep you from sliding forward.
The crotch strap serves two purposes:
1. Prevent submarining under the belt
2. Keep the lap belt from riding up very much when the shoulder belts are pulled tight.
I don't think this approach helps with either purpose....
One reason why the Schroth QuickFit Pro has a built in Anti-Submarine feature.

BTW: If a HANS device is in your future, the belts in your picture won't work as the shoulder belts are too wide.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW: If a HANS device is in your future, the belts in your picture won't work as the shoulder belts are too wide.
As I have been researching the topic of HANS, I came to realize this and it was a well piss moment I had about 30 minutes ago.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I read one person went thru the back of the seat between the bottom and back. You are then sitting on the belt because there is no hole in the middle seat bottom to run the crotch strap through.
hey man. I think you are talking about this. I mentioned it a while back
https://trackmustangsonline.com/cla...-sub-belt-mounts-for-s550-gt350-and-gt500.56/

several track guys have used this mount when running a 5 or 6 point.

here is the thread that may answer some questions
https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/fs-combo-lap-sub-belt-mounts-for-s550-and-gt350.13354/page-2

Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
@Houston Kid - my 2 cents on this topic (you know the saying about everyone has 2 things - opinions and....)... the Schroth 4 point QuickFit Pro (with the ASM feature which makes them a "good" 4 pt) is the sweet spot if you are keeping the car "stock"... the addition of a 5th strap, designed to prevent anti-submarining (as other have said above) - really requires either a dedicated seat with a slot in the crotch to have the strap run up through - or - some guys CUT their seat and shove it down through... but that's still not totally right because there's not an actual attachment point under the seat - so a lot of guys attach it to the seat cross bar - which, IMHO, is a bit crazy for what it's supposed to do / prevent.

The Schroth QuickFit Pro uses your exiting rear seat hardware and attachment points to clip in and the belt latch on the driver seat for 1 of the 2 straps. That's pretty much what I ran on my C7 - but with a bar in the rear for the straps (no back seat / back seat hardware / attachment points). If you are going 5 point - you "really" have to change a lot more to do it correctly. And - honestly - if the 4pt ASM harness isn't going to help you in a crash - an "incorrect" 5 point will very likely help you less.

Get the Schroth QuickFit Pro - get a HANS - and sell the BRAUM in on Facebook :) Be happy and as safe as you can before you get into REAL race car mods.

(if you are hell bent on a 6 point - that harness anchor @Biggsy posted above is probably your best option to again - "keep it mostly stock" - that think is pretty slick, actually - but be 100% sure no strap is rubbing on somehting udner the seat and fraying)

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I donā€™t have a 500 but I got rid of my QuickFit got a QuickFit Pro because I plan to use a HANS device. Canā€™t put a price on safety. Next year I will go fixed seat, 6 pt, roll bar and HANS.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
I donā€™t have a 500 but I got rid of my QuickFit got a QuickFit Pro because I plan to use a HANS device. Canā€™t put a price on safety. Next year I will go fixed seat, 6 pt, roll bar and HANS.
See - this guy ^^^ is going for "full race car" - and I agree - safety is legit when you hit 160+ MPH.

When I was learning (like I'm still learning HPDE and always will be - I'm not good - but I manage) and had an instructor in my C7 Z - and we hit 155 on the back straight of Watkins Glenn (because I figured out how to hit the Esses correctly) and ran a 2:11 with him - when we got off the track he looks at me and says - "dude - nice run - now go home and buy a HANS and harnesses - I'm not riding with you with the stock 3point again at those speeds"

And for gods sake - make sure you have a good helmet... :)

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With my harness bar already installed and the Watson floor plate ordered, I am going with a 4 point. Iā€™m waiting to hear back from Braum on returning the 5 point and getting a HANS compatible harness from them.
Without a slot in the seat bottom, I just donā€™t see the crotch belt as an option at this point.
Sponsored