Sponsored

RACE RED S550 MUSTANG Thread

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
I found these from photographer JoĂŁo Meneses on Facebook who said:

"Today's presentation of the new Ford Mustang GT, at halftime of the game between Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid in the Champions League. I had the privilege of photographing this beautiful view."

Order.jpg

20140729_115113.jpg

20140729_120632.jpg

20140729_122037.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/JoaoMenesesPhotography

Love that last photo.
2015 Mustang Europe-1.jpg
2015 Mustang GT Europe-2.jpg
2015 Mustang GT Europe-3.jpg
2015 Mustang GT Europe-4.jpg

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Love these pics; the first and the last two, but why does this color have to appear so orange? I really want to like this color because I would like to get a mustang with color (red), otherwise I'm going with Magnetic (about 98% sure Magnetic is the color i'm getting). But it just isn't a rich enough red for me.

Sponsored

Mriley

Love these pics; the first and the last two, but why does this color have to appear so orange? I really want to like this color because I would like to get a mustang with color (red), otherwise I'm going with Magnetic (about 98% sure Magnetic is the color i'm getting). But it just isn't a rich enough red for me.
I can't speak to what Race Red looks like outside but having seen it at the New York auto show I will say that while the latest pics posted by JB are beautiful, the color looked much richer (very much a pure red IMO, like TY is to yellow) than these pics would have you believe.

The pics that Jarstang posted in this thread from their coverage of the show are pretty much how I remember it.

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
Those pics look like co

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Race Red is going to be a Pure Red or as We used to call it a Fire Engine or Lipstick Red.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
the car above is comp. orange imo
to see race red, just walk out of the door and walk through your town with open eyes
not only do they (Ford) sell race red Fiestas and Transit Vans in europe, i just checked and found out that you can configurate a race red Ford Focus SE in the states. so there should be red (something like fire-engine-red) Ford sub-compact and compact cars everywhere
race red is not a new colour, especially designed for the s550 mustang

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I like in Johnny's pic of the rear you can see the back up sensors in the bumper, barely. And it's a bright color so these won't be noticeable on darker cars.

And it does look CO....

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Love these pics; the first and the last two, but why does this color have to appear so orange?
Photography lighting conditions have an impact on how we see it here. When I saw the color in person, it was distinctly red "with warmth". This was red was one of my top 2 choices on this body style.

oj5OH

Threads
Reaction score
That's definitely Competition Orange.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I think it's the ground/pavement reflecting off of the car that is making it look orange. This one illustrates that perfectly.

Sponsored