Sponsored

"R" Rear Wing Paint Issue

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
nothing major, they are still working on it and plan to spray it Monday. I guess they had to do a lot of prep work before hand. man I hope they do a good job and make it like new.
Don't know what body shop that you took it to but suggest that you should be okay.

In my humble opinion the longer the repairs/process takes the better as I hate a rush job when it comes to paint/body work.

Also, over many years of being around paint/body shops I found that various contaminants can always be in the air and can end up on various body parts/panels so if you find any flaws/contaminants in the paint have them do it again but hopefully that will not be the case.

Good luck and look forward to hearing how you made out sometime early next week!

:beer:
Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Looks so weird without a wing. Glad they are fixing it.
You ain't kidding - here's mine just after it rolled off the line (and out into the rain) at Flat Rock. Has it's stripes, but waiting to receive the wing, wheels, rear seat delete panel, etc....

Just%20off%20the%20line_3.29.18_zpszjdilvy7.jpg

Last edited:

Stunt1o1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Altima - daily
Just an update. Ford approved repair. Took it to body shop today. They removed the spoiler so I could take the car home and not leave it there. They said it just looks like a terrible finish by Ford. They've never seen one like it. They will sand it down and do all they need to do, and said if it is cracked underneath, they will request replacement. Anyways out of my hands and have to wait about a week. Hope they do a good job (their reviews are really good).

Driving it around without the rear spoiler, it's nice having an absolutely clear rear-view :wink:

Here are some pics from today...
IMG_20181126_093131.jpg
IMG_20181126_093137.jpg
IMG_20181126_093346.jpg
IMG_20181126_100250.jpg
Car look so naked without the wing

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You ain't kidding - here's mine just after it rolled off the line (and out into the rain) at Flat Rock. Has it's stripes, but waiting to receive the wing, wheels, rear seat delete panel, etc....

Looks like maybe our cars were outside the exact same day!

:wink:
JR157.jpeg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Did someone mention wingless R's?

full.jpg

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Just got the car done (the rear wing) yesterday. Took about 3 weeks because the shop manager was not happy with the re-paint each time. So they had to re-do the job several times. But it looks great now.

That said, now I am dealing with an adjuster from America's Tire because they scratched up my 4 wheels the other day (after assuring me they could do the job fine). After speaking with Carbon Revolution in Vegas, it looks like the damage is only superficial and will take just basic sanding, painting, and polishing up. No penetration to the actual carbon fiber materials. So hopefully this saga has a good ending and ATC owns up to the damage and foots the bill. Should be hearing from the adjuster today or tomorrow.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Did they hit a curb on all 4 sides? Geesh

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Did they hit a curb on all 4 sides? Geesh
i called around a lot, specifically looking for someone with a hunter touchless machine. found a few places locally. but i usually go to my ATC 5 mins from me. and after visiting them with my car, showing them the rims, explaining they need to be super careful, the mgr said "no problem, we can do it." i must have asked him 3x, "are you sure?!" he kept saying things like "no problem, we do porsches and expensive cars all the time." i thought fine. what a mistake.

they scratched up the wheels but again all "superficial". see here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightrules1

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
At least they accepted that they were the cause of the scratches. Most of the time they look at you and just laugh. My nephew just had 4 wheels scratched during a winter tire swap on his Focus RS. The tire shop looked the other way and said "not us".

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
At least they accepted that they were the cause of the scratches. Most of the time they look at you and just laugh. My nephew just had 4 wheels scratched during a winter tire swap on his Focus RS. The tire shop looked the other way and said "not us".
This is why I do an inspection with whomever is accepting my keys before, after, and record where I am and what time it is. A little over the top but.... worth it. I also always ask them so there are no scratches on the wheels or on the vehicle, correct? Make sure they state it verbally.
Sponsored