Sponsored

R in the Canyons

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
So I took a day off with my brother and went to California yesterday as I wanted to hit some canyons with the R while track events are awesome hitting tight twisty roads that change directions is just amazing in this car! We put on approx. 750 miles yesterday driving from Vegas to California, we hit Angeles Crest highway heading down from Wrightwood, then went over to Malibu. We headed up Latigo Canyon, then did Mulholand and then back up to decker canyon, then back down Latigo to PCH. We then went to Santa Monica and took the 405 to Costa mesa had a late lunch and headed back home to vegas.

It is amazing that you can drive a car a few hundred miles go beat the hell out of it and then drive it home several hundred miles in 112 F heat with a/c on and have 0 issues.

The way this car can change directions and stay hooked up and put the power down is just absolutely amazing the car felt as if it was a roller coaster and was on tracks that would not allow it to do anything wrong! Kudo's too everyone at Ford for building such a amazing fun car!

These were the only photos I took at Newcombs Ranch on Angeles crest Highway we had the road and place all to ourselves did not see a single car or bike yesterday.
R1.jpg
R2.jpg
R3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well said and I agree. This car punches well above its price point as far as track/cornering performance goes and it sounds great doing it.

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well said and I agree. This car punches well above its price point as far as track/cornering performance goes and it sounds great doing it.
Yes it certainly sounds great especially in the two tunnels I went through 8000 RPMs in second it sounded like it was pissed off and extremely angry!

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
So I took a day off with my brother and went to California yesterday as I wanted to hit some canyons with the R while track events are awesome hitting tight twisty roads that change directions is just amazing in this car! We put on approx. 750 miles yesterday driving from Vegas to California, we hit Angeles Crest highway heading down from Wrightwood, then went over to Malibu. We headed up Latigo Canyon, then did Mulholand and then back up to decker canyon, then back down Latigo to PCH. We then went to Santa Monica and took the 405 to Costa mesa had a late lunch and headed back home to vegas.
I was in the 405 South around 12:15 or so yesterday and could’ve sworn I saw your car in the carpool lane? I was in the far right lane trying to get over but think I saw you from behind.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was in the 405 South around 12:15 or so yesterday and could’ve sworn I saw your car in the carpool lane? I was in the far right lane trying to get over but think I saw you from behind.
Yes that was us!

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
Yes that was us!
that Kona is striking! from behind it looked a little black, then the sun hit it and the blue popped out....beautiful (can I use the B word?) color...

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that Kona is striking! from behind it looked a little black, then the sun hit it and the blue popped out....beautiful (can I use the B word?) color...
Well you are in liberal state so be careful with your words! Lol

Yes the Kona looks everything from Black to purple depending on light conditions.

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
The Malibu canyons are endless and a bunch of us Shelby owners enjoy them frequently.
Sponsored