Sponsored

R exhaust

JMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R, FFR MKIV Cobra, 69 Mustang, 62 Ranchero
I have stainless works long tube headers and full 3" H-pipe exhaust with SW mufflers.
It's loud, but it sounds so good.
Sponsored

Arokk27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2012 F250 6.7
try driving with the rear seats down (assuming you don't have the factory delete) ;)
Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna have to try that, I have an '18 GT that has full stainless works with long tube headers and it makes my '20 350 sound quiet even with valves open Lol

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna have to try that, I have an '18 GT that has full stainless works with long tube headers and it makes my '20 350 sound quiet even with valves open Lol
I won't try to talk you out of it, but just realize that you are really needlessly imposing on the world around you with exhausts that loud. The 350R exhaust with valves open is already loud enough that I'm embarrassed in public. On back roads in the mountains, my friends can hear me echoing literal miles away...and you want louder?

I agree windows down + back seats down makes it seem way louder.

If you go any louder you'll have to start paying extra for trackdays too.

Arokk27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2012 F250 6.7
I mean, okay. I'm doing a resonator delete for the R sound and will drive with my seats down....
I won't try to talk you out of it, but just realize that you are really needlessly imposing on the world around you with exhausts that loud. The 350R exhaust with valves open is already loud enough that I'm embarrassed in public. On back roads in the mountains, my friends can hear me echoing literal miles away...and you want louder?

I agree windows down + back seats down makes it seem way louder.

If you go any louder you'll have to start paying extra for trackdays too.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
I mean, okay. I'm doing a resonator delete for the R sound and will drive with my seats down....
Haha, sorry I didn't mean to over guilt, just offering another perspective.

You should make your things how you like them, it's just also nice to think of those around you.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Surprised to not see the active noise cancellation mentioned.

1) Before starting your car, roll your windows down and open your driver door
2) Crank the engine while keeping the door open
3) Wait 5 sec or so for the revs to calm down
4) Now close the door softly and notice that .5sec after closing the door, the exhaust gets extraordinarily quiet
5) Slowly open your driver side door and hear the exhaust get crazy loud again
6) Sometimes the effect is barely noticeable, sometimes it's holy $#!%. Try this while parked in different places, garage, driveway, street, parking lot and hear how different environments exaggerate the effect. Always with the windows down.

The speakers are acting like noise cancellation headphones to keep cabin noise/drone down, but only when the doors are closed.

There are times when it's so dramatic you wouldn't be able to hear your passenger yelling over the bellowing exhaust bass drone, and then you close the door and you're like what in the black magic voodoo is going on here.

The point is that the car is much louder outside than it is inside. Getting rid of the cats would certainly make it louder. Or perhaps you might want to drive with your doors open from now on.
Sponsored