davidkrocks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey all,

I was hoping to custom order a new mustang convertible from a ford dealer, Quirk Ford in Quincy Massachusetts. Even though I had the X-Plan code (courtesy of MCOA), the salesperson said there are no incentives and that includes the X-Plan. And that I won't be able to find another dealer that will honor the X-Plan rate at this time. Is that correct? I told the salesperson that I will do my own due diligence on the matter and ended up leaving.

I don't mind not receiving other incentives, but I was hoping to purchase my first mustang with the X-Plan rate.

Any insight or guidance on whether all ford dealers have stopped accepting orders with X-Plans?

I have the cash upfront to purchase a car outright, but I am open to doing a 0% (or 2% at the max) financing for 36 months to play ball and pay it off shortly.

Thanks all, Hoping to be a member soon,

-David K
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just phone up Grainger ford in Iowa. 9pct off every day.

And call 20 more dealers 20 miles outside of metro and I think you'll find a few with their head on straight.

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Supply and demand. You are not going to find any special deals or financing now. Maybe next year...

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I know its not a mustang but my dealer gave me x plan on my explorer ST I just bought last month.

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible/ 69 Chevelle SS
The X plan is not all its cracked up to be. Through my employer I am offered that plan with several automotive manufacturers. Last two new cars i bought I was able to negotiate a better deal on my own. If I would have used that plan to buy the Mustang I currently have on order I would have paid an additional $500.00.
Here is a tip for you. You know how to tell when a car salesman is lying to you?
His lips are movinglll

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Any insight or guidance on whether all ford dealers have stopped accepting orders with X-Plans?
Sounds like the dealership is messing with you.

The current x-plan rules are here
The current exclusions list is here - Mustang Shelby GT350, Mustang Shelby GT500, Mustang Bullit, Mustang Mach1 aren't eligible for XPlan.

Find a new dealer, IMO

OP
OP
davidkrocks

davidkrocks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks for all of the extremely helpful advice. It's funny that you go into a dealership to order a car and they would rather have me walk out without making a deal in 5 minutes; This will be my first new car purchase. I messaged Grainger today and hopefully, I'll be able to place an order soon.

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP, 2003 Marauder
I also have X-plan from MOCA. Five local dealers around Los Angeles would not touch it for a GT Premium. Two further north would also not play. All said they have no reason to.

Another datapoint: The one response (another dealer in Los Angeles) I had through a TrueCar inquiry was $3,000 above MSRP.

So, I reached out to Zach at Granger and ordered from him.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
From my understanding Quirk Ford is one of those shady dealers that I would avoid. I dealt with them a few years ago trying to buy a F150. I ended up buying from another dealer. I recently ordered/bought a new GT at McGovern Ford Auto Group in Lowell using the X-plan. Great people to work with.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
21 Rapid Red GT
While pursuing a GT for my wife in May, 2 of the 8 dealerships I spoke to would not give X-plan pricing "due to inventory shortages". I politely thanked them for their time and moved on. They don't HAVE to participate in the X-plan - it's voluntary but I won't deal with a dealership that won't.

I have a similar viewpoint of any dealer that marks up over MSRP due to demand or market value - I simply leave and won't do business with them ever.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
X plan is actually pretty terrible from what I've seen. You can get the price lower without it. Dealers probably loved when people came in and say X plan a few years ago. Today, I can see why they wouldn't take it since people are just about paying MSRP for cars or higher.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
X plan is actually pretty terrible from what I've seen. You can get the price lower without it. Dealers probably loved when people came in and say X plan a few years ago. Today, I can see why they wouldn't take it since people are just about paying MSRP for cars or higher.
In the current market, X-plan isn't terrible at all. It's about the only way you're going to pay under MSRP for a car right now.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
In the current market, X-plan isn't terrible at all. It's about the only way you're going to pay under MSRP for a car right now.
Order from Zach at Granger and you'll get a discount on anything. Just have to work out shipping or driving the car back is all.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hey all,

I was hoping to custom order a new mustang convertible from a ford dealer, Quirk Ford in Quincy Massachusetts. Even though I had the X-Plan code (courtesy of MCOA), the salesperson said there are no incentives and that includes the X-Plan. And that I won't be able to find another dealer that will honor the X-Plan rate at this time. Is that correct? I told the salesperson that I will do my own due diligence on the matter and ended up leaving.

I don't mind not receiving other incentives, but I was hoping to purchase my first mustang with the X-Plan rate.

I have the cash upfront to purchase a car outright, but I am open to doing a 0% (or 2% at the max) financing for 36 months to play ball and pay it off shortly.

Thanks all, Hoping to be a member soon,

-David K
Grainger Ford as mentioned or since you are in MA, look at Koons Ford of Baltimore. Email the sales manager.. he is extremely aggressive in pricing as well and will always take X plan. But his pricing is below Xplan and they only charge a $300 doc fee because of Maryland law. It's a quick flight down to Baltimore and drive it home same day.

Edited - After looking at Koons, it seems they are not doing much off MSRP as well. What a difference because of this damn chip shortage. They were by far the cheapest a year ago in the area.

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
The best way to utilize the X Plan is to negotiate the deal without mentioning it, get them close to invoice and then say that you have the X Plan. They are going to want to use it because some of those discounts get picked up by Ford. At that point, when they say your price is already better, you say OK and say you will save it. They will WANT you to use it so you can barter for upgrades, warranties etc at that point. I have used that several times.
Sponsored