pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Here is some audio. This was just off my GoPro so take that for what its worth. Didn't have the time to do any drive by or outside the car shots but this should give you an idea of the sound/noise level. Start up is a cold start after sitting for about 12 hours, temps were in the 50s.

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
In my experience (2022 NA FBO cammed build, long tubes)... center resonator or no center resonator was the largest impact on sound level. I run a Magnaflow center in Borla s-type with additional Stainless Bros. resonators welded in. Perfect, loud but civil. Without center resonator - totally unreasonable sound level.

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Here is some audio. This was just off my GoPro so take that for what its worth. Didn't have the time to do any drive by or outside the car shots but this should give you an idea of the sound/noise level. Start up is a cold start after sitting for about 12 hours, temps were in the 50s.

Thanks. Do you have a before and after?
sounds pretty tasteful to me.

I wonder if these could be installed upstream closer to where the cats used to be, and if this would affect volume / tone / etc

Last edited:
OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks. Do you have a before and after?
sounds pretty tasteful to me.

I wonder if these could be installed upstream closer to where the cats used to be, and if this would affect volume / tone / etc
I didn't do any specific before and after videos. But I did record this for a different thread to show some driving characteristics of the car. This was with cats in place, stock resonator, and stock active mufflers. So this was my baseline that I was tryin to get close to with the volume levels of no cats:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-review-of-wengerd-performance-tuning.187269/post-3818306

As for placement, I do think you could get them to fit where the factory cats are, it would be tight but I think it would work. I'm not sure how much that would affect the volume and tone but from past experience, it definitely can change the outcome.

Sponsored

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
thanks. it seems from your video the rasp is gone pretty much.

OP
OP
pmor4243

pmor4243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
thanks. it seems from your video the rasp is gone pretty much.
Ya I would say the only place I really hear any rasp is on a cold start. After that, it’s pretty much gone. And the volume level is very comparable to the stock system.

I will say I think the overall tone sounded slightly better stock. But catless with these resonators in is a very similar sound to me. Chances are it will be very quiet/too quiet when/if I put the cats back on.
Sponsored