Sponsored

Quietest axel-back exhaust

Deleted member 35786

I am torn between the Legato or the SVE axle back while retaining my stock resonator.
I did notice the Legato is really a flowtech sold at CJPP or vice versa.

Flowtech
https://www.cjponyparts.com/flowtec...polished-tips-fastback-gt-2015-2017/p/CBFLT1/
They claim in there advertisement.
"- Dual chambered mufflers crafted from 409 stainless steel offer throaty sound without the drone"

Legato
https://legatoperformance.com/products/2015-2016-ford-mustang-gt-v8-exhaust

The Legato has great reviews...

It will be either SVE or the Flowtech... Just cant decide..
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I am torn between the Legato or the SVE axle back while retaining my stock resonator.
I did notice the Legato is really a flowtech sold at CJPP or vice versa.

Flowtech
https://www.cjponyparts.com/flowtec...polished-tips-fastback-gt-2015-2017/p/CBFLT1/
They claim in there advertisement.
"- Dual chambered mufflers crafted from 409 stainless steel offer throaty sound without the drone"

Legato
https://legatoperformance.com/products/2015-2016-ford-mustang-gt-v8-exhaust

The Legato has great reviews...

It will be either SVE or the Flowtech... Just cant decide..
or buy my bbk varitune axle back.

OP
OP
5.0_TX

5.0_TX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I ended up going with the Corsa Sport exhaust. I met up with some local people and actually got to hear one. It wasn't too bad. Now all I have to do is get rid of my Roush axle-back exhaust.

Deleted member 35786

Sticking with stock for a bit longer at the moment... just to many options to chose from... uhhhgg.. lol

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I highly recommend the Corsa Touring axle-backs. Be patient, keep an eye out in the for sale threads and you will likely fall on a great deal like I did. They are expensive if bought new, but on the used market, you can get a sweet deal.

I can't properly describe just how good they sound and there is zero drone.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I highly recommend the Corsa Touring axle-backs. Be patient, keep an eye out in the for sale threads and you will likely fall on a great deal like I did. They are expensive if bought new, but on the used market, you can get a sweet deal.

I can't properly describe just how good they sound and there is zero drone.
Thanks
Corsa is just way outside what I am willing to pay for an axle back.. Their prices are just insane.. However, I will keep an eye on the used parts market and see what pops up.

rickywatcham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0 v8 (2017)
Hi Guys

I'm new to this site and new to the world of Mustangs.

I recently bought an all black GT 5.0 (2017) and, as most new Mustang owners appear to feel, I find the stock system just too quiet and would like to upgrade the exhaust system.
(I can already hear some of you saying "oh no, here we go again....." lol)

I've watched endless YouTube videos and I think my preference is an Axle Back, Roush or RTR Tactical Performance competition spec.
Going by the video comparisons, I think Roush sounds louder than the RTR, and the RTR has a deeper tone to it which I prefer.

I think the RTR with black tips would suit the all black Mustang but still cant decide. I don't want something too loud, just need something to match the look of the car and want to turn some heads at the same time.
But don't want to come across as a boy racer and want the exhaust sound to sound natural for a V8, and not like its had something done to it to sound like that.

Hope this makes sense and any comments are welcomed!

Ps. I've really enjoyed reading your comments in these forums. Great to hear what you guys have done to your Mustangs and how much you love them! I've been driving BMWs for almost 20 years and it was time for a change. After driving a Mustang convertible in the US last year on a road trip I knew I had to get myself one of these.

Ricky

Reactions: A7X

Deleted member 35786

Hi Guys

I'm new to this site and new to the world of Mustangs.

I recently bought an all black GT 5.0 (2017) and, as most new Mustang owners appear to feel, I find the stock system just too quiet and would like to upgrade the exhaust system.
(I can already hear some of you saying "oh no, here we go again....." lol)

I've watched endless YouTube videos and I think my preference is an Axle Back, Roush or RTR Tactical Performance competition spec.
Going by the video comparisons, I think Roush sounds louder than the RTR, and the RTR has a deeper tone to it which I prefer.

I think the RTR with black tips would suit the all black Mustang but still cant decide. I don't want something too loud, just need something to match the look of the car and want to turn some heads at the same time.
But don't want to come across as a boy racer and want the exhaust sound to sound natural for a V8, and not like its had something done to it to sound like that.

Hope this makes sense and any comments are welcomed!

Ps. I've really enjoyed reading your comments in these forums. Great to hear what you guys have done to your Mustangs and how much you love them! I've been driving BMWs for almost 20 years and it was time for a change. After driving a Mustang convertible in the US last year on a road trip I knew I had to get myself one of these.

Ricky
If I am not mistaken you all have strict decibel limits over there in the UK, as with tough vehicle inspections yes?
Definitely do your research and find the right one for you.

rickywatcham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0 v8 (2017)
Just following up from my previous post, If there is anyone in London (UK) that has a RTR MagnaFlow Competition Spec Axle Back please get in touch. Would love to meet up and hear it in person.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thats pretty draconian. Aren't they in the desert away from homes?
I think they're on leased land and there's a new subdivision within 2 miles of the property, but I could be thinking of a different track.

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
You are definitely thinking of a different track. They race GT3, Trans Am and Indycar at Laguna Seca. Ever heard a modern TA or TA2 car wound up? Loud.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You are definitely thinking of a different track. They race GT3, Trans Am and Indycar at Laguna Seca. Ever heard a modern TA or TA2 car wound up? Loud.
So why is the dB limit so low? I also remember hearing about them potentially not being able to renew their lease recently.

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
So why is the dB limit so low? I also remember hearing about them potentially not being able to renew their lease recently.
I've no idea. I really don't know that much about Laguna Seca. I can guarantee you two things though. GUARANTEE.

1. The Indycar series will be there next weekend.

2. The cars will be much louder than 90 decibels.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Being loud a few times a year is a lot different than being loud everyday. Pretty sure the agreement allows x number of loud days per year that gets reserved for important events. Everybody else has to play under the limit.
Sponsored