Quiet Cold Starts

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
I think you can buy inserts that are removable, held in by a hand screw.
Go a few klms down the road and pull them out.
I know you can get them for motorbikes, Harleys etc. Google it.
I may be wrong, but I am sure I have seen them for cars
Just a thought!!
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
As soon as the motor fires, just start rolling...it quietens down to its normal volume straight away...as long as you keep moving for thirty seconds or so, it will stay quiet. That's if you have a manual....not sure how the auto likes being knocked into gear during the cat warm up cycle.

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
As soon as the motor fires, just start rolling...it quietens down to its normal volume straight away...as long as you keep moving for thirty seconds or so, it will stay quiet. That's if you have a manual....not sure how the auto likes being knocked into gear during the cat warm up cycle.
Agree I also have the Corsa xtreme and do just that although I only move 10meters if that wait for the garage to close and drive off.

I talked to the neighbors and they don't hear it win for me.

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Yeah that works for me now, but in a larger underground car park there's really no escaping the volume by rolling, the sound just reverberates around. I park underground at work and they can hear me start it from 3 floors above. Plus it occasionally sets off car alarms
[MENTION=15083]Bobsp12[/MENTION], have you heard the xtreme yet?

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Lot of work for very little gain I think - maybe just keep revs down. Sydney is noisy anyway - we have an apartment in Neutral Bay and after sleepy Perth the traffic noise is quite loud. You get used to it. You could take the neighbours out for a ride - that will impress them.

Sponsored

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I wouldn't be doing anything until someone whinges about it, then deal with it

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If you get a tune, I'm pretty sure they can reduce the warm-up revs so it's idling lower.

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Lot of work for very little gain I think - maybe just keep revs down.
The issue is I can't control the revs (without a tune, don't want to void warranty).

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Yeah that works for me now, but in a larger underground car park there's really no escaping the volume by rolling, the sound just reverberates around. I park underground at work and they can hear me start it from 3 floors above. Plus it occasionally sets off car alarms
[MENTION=15083]Bobsp12[/MENTION], have you heard the xtreme yet?
Msweet, I haven't heard the Extreme yet....I have the Borla s type....although the missus keeps telling me that it is not loud enough and we should get the Atak.....I think you are just going to have to go with it as you are...nothing will quieten it much unless you change out your system..

Sponsored

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
same issue, My tuner is taking my cold start idle map out

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Msweet, I haven't heard the Extreme yet....I have the Borla s type....although the missus keeps telling me that it is not loud enough and we should get the Atak.....I think you are just going to have to go with it as you are...nothing will quieten it much unless you change out your system..
She's onto something good there, the ATAK does sound wicked. Mind you, I haven't heard the s-type in person yet.

[MENTION=21232]Kaps[/MENTION] I wonder if something like that would work...makeshift muffler after the tips. Would be a cheaper option to try first

Malibu1

Malibu
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Hey Matt, I think your idea of boxes is worth a shot. Once people complain it's all too late so better to try and do something up front imo. If anyone does then complain and you show them the lengths you have gone to in consideration for others it will hopefully go a long way to help fuse the situation

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Hey Matt, I think your idea of boxes is worth a shot. Once people complain it's all too late so better to try and do something up front imo. If anyone does then complain and you show them the lengths you have gone to in consideration for others it will hopefully go a long way to help fuse the situation
I made boxes.. didnt work for me. I have a heap of eggshell foam and some high density foam. Setthem up on the garage wall and backed up to them but still damn loud.

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)