Quick question related to DRL

nycowboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
b
Vehicle(s)
2019 s550
Has anyone ever seen a s550 without the fin DRL activated? I've tried with forscan and have had no success.

My goal is the have the fins permanently off because I work overnight and stay within my car at times.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No need for FORScan man. There's a setting on my 2019 Bullitt where you can turn them on and off. I have them on; I like them. Anyway, just click the steering wheel button with 2 gears, and look for it. I think they're in 'advanced settings', 'vehicle', then 'lighting'. There aren't that many menus; you'll find it in a few minutes at the most. Good luck, and hope this helps :).

OP
OP

nycowboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
b
Vehicle(s)
2019 s550
No need for FORScan man. There's a setting on my 2019 Bullitt where you can turn them on and off. I have them on; I like them. Anyway, just click the steering wheel button with 2 gears, and look for it. I think they're in 'advanced settings', 'vehicle', then 'lighting'. There aren't that many menus; you'll find it in a few minutes at the most. Good luck, and hope this helps :).
I've tried that.... the tri light fins are still always on whenever the car is running or accessories are fully powered.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I've tried that.... the tri light fins are still always on whenever the car is running or accessories are fully powered.
REALLY??? So why the heck is the little square marked 'DRLs ON' for? Mine is obviously marked, because I like them. Will unmark it and see what happens. It doesn't sound right that they light up. By the way, I always have the headlight switch in the OFF position. On my F-150, the switch had to be in 'auto' for the DRLs to work. Maybe that menu choice is so they work even in the headlight switch in the off position? That's the only thing I can think of if they indeed light up even when DRLs ON are unmarked in settings.
Sponsored