Sponsored

Turn off all DRLs (for Drive-in theatre)

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
So I’m at the drive in and can not turn the accessories on for the radio because all the DRLs come on with it. Anyone know how to kill them but leave the accessories on?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Unfortunately that is not directly possible to the best of my knowledge, without doing through the OBD port and using a program like FORscan. Doing so, I've been able to activate the DRL controls which allows you to turn them on and off from the dash at will.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Unfortunately that is not directly possible to the best of my knowledge, without doing through the OBD port and using a program like FORscan. Doing so, I've been able to activate the DRL controls which allows you to turn them on and off from the dash at will.
What module and line code is used to turn them off please.I run smoked covers and don't like the bleed thru.

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
It's mildly tricky. From the DIY thread :
In BCM :
726-16-02 x1x1 x1x1 x1xx - Enables control via IPC
726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx - Enables control via IPC

And in IPC
720-02-01 xxCx xxxx xxxx - Enables the DRL setting in the lighting menu. This is tricky. If you already have an "8" there then you change this to a "C" otherwise add 4 if you don't have the menu already

Then the option to turn the DRLs on and off will be in the Lights menu

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Australia still has a drive in?
We have a drive-in in Atlanta. I love going to it, even though it's in one of the questionable parts of town. I wish there were more of them and that people would actually go to them like they did back in the day when people actually talked to each other and made it a night out. But I'm 33 and am wishing that, so I must be an old soul.

ANYWHO... the one time I took my Mustang I just put a t-shirt over each headlight lamp to block the light. One of them fell off when the car was shaking a little bit on account of some adult activities beginning. Meaning, I was rapidly stuffing my face full of popcorn and getting immediately fat...

Or bring some blue painters tape for the night...

OP
OP
Freman

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
How did the back seat go?
Not that good :D

Australia still has a drive in?
Brisbane has 2 left, we went to the Yatala Drive-in. 3 Screens all just about full. Main screen has a special night showing Rocky Horror Picture Show. There was a large number of people walking around in their underware and similar costumes. The place was jumping, great atmosphere & was good fun experience.

As for the DRLs & radio. I figured it out.....

With accessories on DRLs are on all the time. (No good for drive-in)

If you turn the car off and do not exit the car (open & close the door) the radio will turn off automatically after about 30 secs.

It turns out that the radio does not actually need the Accessories On to operate.

Once the radio auto-offs itself after 30secs you simply use the physical ON button for the radio and it will stay on. There does seem to be a secondary inactivity shutdown timer of about 1 hour. Turned it back on when that happened to me.
Sponsored