Question for those who self installed a Whipple Gen 5 System

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If you remove the hood, You can step up to get both feet where you are standing on the strut towers and then use proper form to do a squat to lower head unit(blower) in place onto the IC/manifold.
The intercooler/manifold and head unit are unbolted from each other and placed on the engine separately instead of as one bolted together assembly. They likely ship bolted together and seem heavy if you try to lift them assembled together.

Before removing hood, I used fresh razor blade to carefully trace around the hood nuts so that the paint would break cleanly when loosening. Wrapped painters tape around nuts before loosening to keep them from getting marked up (going to get made fun of for OCD in 3..2..1..).
Sponsored

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
Sorry to bring back an old forum but how long did it take you guys to complete. Going to tackle this coming up and curious what I should look forward to

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Sorry to bring back an old forum but how long did it take you guys to complete. Going to tackle this coming up and curious what I should look forward to
I'm currently in the middle of the install. I don't get much time to work on it, so it's getting drug out over several weeks. Because of that it's hard for me to say how long it actually takes. I've also gotten sidetracked with OPG/CS/other timing upgrades and a tubular K member. One thing I will say is that the current Whipple manual is outdated if you've received your kit in the past few months. There are several steps that are no longer needed because of improvements that Whipple has made to their parts. Unfortunately, I feel like I have spent more time coming to that conclusion than was saved by their improvements due to the manual being outdated.

OP
OP
Slopoke

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I took around 5 days, but that's also including waiting for parts that were missing from the kit and also doing the oil pump gears. I'm also anal and a bit OCD, so that added more time too. Lastly I went at a leisurely pace. It's not complicated at all, just follow the instructions and dont rush. Good luck with your installation!

Sponsored

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Day 1- made sure garage etc was nice and organized and got all parts laid out and started reading through directions while looking in engine bay to try to anticipate any questions.. Feeling confident for coffee and wrenches tomorrow am.

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)