Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've read through a lot of this thread but 822 pages is a bit too much for me to go through. I have the phase 2 kit and dyno'd 595 on 91 here in CO. Pretty sure my next step up is E85 (return fuel system) and the VMP H/E. Anything I'm missing or other recommendations? Thanks.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It is a long read but there is some good info. Who is going to do your tuning?

I've read through a lot of this thread but 822 pages is a bit too much for me to go through. I have the phase 2 kit and dyno'd 595 on 91 here in CO. Pretty sure my next step up is E85 (return fuel system) and the VMP H/E. Anything I'm missing or other recommendations? Thanks.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I wouldn’t bother with the h/e. Just go e85 and decide after if you need it.

I live in a hot state. Not much competition out there either way :)

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It is a long read but there is some good info. Who is going to do your tuning?
I took the car to Finish Line Performance here in Denver and I was very happy with what they did (unless the tq number seems low?). I'll have them do everything unless there's a significant benefit to the remote tune from Lund/PBD?

Dyno.jpg

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I had to hand in my warranty myself, Steeda told me so. Day later Roush confirmed via email I am covered now.
Do we have to send it to Roush ourselves? My car is in the final stages of installation now at the local dealership.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Do we have to send it to Roush ourselves? My car is in the final stages of installation now at the local dealership.
I think there is a place for the installing tech to sign. I had him sign it and I mailed it myself.

Reactions: MCS

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I did it myself, it's one of those things I wouldn't want to trust to dealership and hope for the best :)

Dealership will give you the usual work breakdown invoice with $0 cost, you can attach it as proof of installation.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I'm sure there will be instructions from the tech on how to do this? Or they'll give me a piece of paper and I send it to Roush?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I took the car to Finish Line Performance here in Denver and I was very happy with what they did (unless the tq number seems low?). I'll have them do everything unless there's a significant benefit to the remote tune from Lund/PBD?
That dyno graph is pre-tune? If so, I would think they are just fine numbers for the Roush kit and tune at your elevation. If it's post-tune they do seem low but it's just a number so I wouldn't worry about it.

Lund will not tune this kit. PBD will. I would honestly go with @Wengerd Performance if you want some actual customer service.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
From what I am led to believe it should be in the 640-650 (if you are lucky) range post-tune. No? Not sure what Ford does as they don't Dyno the vehicle after installation.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
From what I am led to believe it should be in the 640-650 (if you are lucky) range post-tune. No? Not sure what Ford does as they don't Dyno the vehicle after installation.
Elevation and 91 octane.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Elevation and 91 octane.
True; they did ask me what octane I had in the car when I dropped it off. Petro-Canada 94 Octane and whatever elevation the GTA is at!

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT

Dyno.jpg
6600 rpm?? its still making power. Why did they stop?

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I'm sure there will be instructions from the tech on how to do this? Or they'll give me a piece of paper and I send it to Roush?
I was handed some print outs regarding the warranty. I filled it out myself, put all the info needed on it, took a picture with my cell phone and emailed it to: [email protected]
Then you get a confirmation email, then someone will respond to let you know that you are in the "system".

"... Thank you for contacting Roush Performance. Your warranty information has been successfully entered, you are all set!

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you, ... "

Header looks like this:
1664479551703.png