Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
With traction control on, it did a pretty good job but I know it wasn’t anywhere near full power in first or second. Either way it would be nice if a place like roush wouldn’t have messed up a function of my 2 year old car after I gave them a shit ton of cash. I’ve also noticed a little hiccup in 4th wot around 110-120, almost feels like I let up on the throttle for a split second. Knowing what I do now, I wouldn’t have made the same decision and I can’t wait to have someone else tune the car.
Have you tried contacting them first with this video?

Just for my interest, what tires do you have?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
With traction control on, it did a pretty good job but I know it wasn’t anywhere near full power in first or second. Either way it would be nice if a place like roush wouldn’t have messed up a function of my 2 year old car after I gave them a shit ton of cash. I’ve also noticed a little hiccup in 4th wot around 110-120, almost feels like I let up on the throttle for a split second. Knowing what I do now, I wouldn’t have made the same decision and I can’t wait to have someone else tune the car.
So,..........are you sure that whomever installed the supercharger and the tune did it properly?!?
(Ever see the sequence and steps for just installing the tune?!? WOW. lol)
So, it's definitely Roush's fault or the fault of the dealership that installed everything?

Good luck man.
Keep us posted.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I haven’t called them, really don’t want to deal with them again, the thought of dropping my car off there a second time makes me cringe. Probably bite the bullet and see what they say tomorrow. If they want the car over night or a few days it’s going to fathouse, that roush dealer will never hold my key again.

Someone asked what tire I’m on? Ok, don’t laugh, 275 AS3+…. Traction control works hard lol. Tax return I’m ordering apex ec7’s and nitto 305 r2’s. It’s a work in progress, gotta pay one thing off before I can do another plus being in Indiana I had to wait anyway.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I haven’t called them, really don’t want to deal with them again, the thought of dropping my car off there a second time makes me cringe. Probably bite the bullet and see what they say tomorrow. If they want the car over night or a few days it’s going to fathouse, that roush dealer will never hold my key again.
Good luck man.

Fathouse has a great tuner. They do high quality work from what I've seen.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am a big fan of BJ at Venomous tuning. He had me north of 650whp on 93 and a very safe tune on my GT500 and when I supercharge the 2018, he's my guy. Just throwing another name out there. He's located in Eustice, Fl. but tunes remotely.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I am a big fan of BJ at Venomous tuning. He had me north of 650whp on 93 and a very safe tune on my GT500 and when I supercharge the 2018, he's my guy. Just throwing another name out there. He's located in Eustice, Fl. but tunes remotely.
Yes, he's another good one.
He used to work with VMP back in the day, correct?? He's a master at tuning those S197 GT500 cars.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, he's another good one.
He used to work with VMP back in the day, correct?? He's a master at tuning those S197 GT500 cars.
Yes, he worked for them for a few years. He's been tuning for a long time and is very good. I have been in consult with him on the plan for this car, and having been through the process with him previously, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him for this platform.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels

Someone asked what tire I’m on? Ok, don’t laugh, 275 AS3+…. Traction control works hard lol. Tax return I’m ordering apex ec7’s and nitto 305 r2’s. It’s a work in progress, gotta pay one thing off before I can do another plus being in Indiana I had to wait anyway.
Which dealer did you take your car to? Ray Skillman Performance Center in Greenwood did mine 3 years ago. I won't take mine to anyone else. The regional GT certified guy did mine.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Which dealer did you take your car to? Ray Skillman Performance Center in Greenwood did mine 3 years ago. I won't take mine to anyone else. The regional GT certified guy did mine.
Not the Mustang GT but the "GT" guy

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Yes, it was the one in Greenwood. I was told it was the guy dedicated for all the supercharger installs but never anything about the GT certified so I can’t confirm. Does yours sound like it has a squeaking idler pulley when cold? Also had to wait like 5 extra days to get the car back because I have a mishimoto oil cooler. Long story there… Oh, and the service manager told me the sc has a drain in the back somewhere and the required oil and change intervals was in the paper work left in the car. Just nickel and dimed my patients away with crap like that.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
do you have launch control turned on in the track apps menu?
Yeah, clutch in, 1st gear, WOT, that’s what it does. Definitely worked right before.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it was the one in Greenwood. I was told it was the guy dedicated for all the supercharger installs but never anything about the GT certified so I can’t confirm. Does yours sound like it has a squeaking idler pulley when cold? Also had to wait like 5 extra days to get the car back because I have a mishimoto oil cooler. Long story there… Oh, and the service manager told me the sc has a drain in the back somewhere and the required oil and change intervals was in the paper work left in the car. Just nickel and dimed my patients away with crap like that.
Sounds like the same person that did mine. Going on 3 years and ~50K miles with mine and no issues. I am not aware of any maintenance. Nothing came in my paperwork or in the Roush documentation. The SC gets lubricated via engine oil as far as I am aware of. I upgraded to the Stage 2 over a year ago. Only had a couple calibration updates. one included the 123 mph bug.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The supercharger oil is its own reservoir that needs periodic changing. The Whipple change interval is 100k miles, but I’m not sure about Roush. The unit needs to be removed to change the oil.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Sounds like the same person that did mine. Going on 3 years and ~50K miles with mine and no issues. I am not aware of any maintenance. Nothing came in my paperwork or in the Roush documentation. The SC gets lubricated via engine oil as far as I am aware of. I upgraded to the Stage 2 over a year ago. Only had a couple calibration updates. one included the 123 mph bug.
Since you've had the SC Stage 2 over a year now, any overheating or limp mode issues? I'm still on the fence, also interested in the cooling pkg but that only helps 23%. What conditions have you run it under? Thx