Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Heatmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
NEGATIVE. 2 Cars in my area tuned by VMP. One with cats,active exhaust,Killer Chiller made 725 at 7400 on a 100 Octane Tune.90 degree day 84% humidity and +2485 DA. Other car identical except Off Road pipes from manifolds down with Resonator delete, no Killer Chiller made 739.
Must be a happy dyno lol jk. Just hard to believe especially on the car with cats, the cat delete car with 100 oct would be close to headers and e85 numbers so it's a little more believeable. I'll be waiting to hear some track times or draggy numbers

Heatmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So after I get my BMR stuff installed, trying to decide what the best route is. I know if I want to make big power I should probably invest in another kit, but I'm really only looking to get into mid 9s. So I either spend the money on headers, an e85 system and injectors and chiller to potentially get near 750 to 800rw depending on pulley which will probably be around 7k in parts and labor....or try to sell my roush kit and go Odin or Whipple again...but still need e85 to make 800 safely most likely lol. Turbos seem like a larger money pit lol.
I'm going with a Odin kit here soon. Whipple might make more power max out because it's a bigger blower, but odin will make more than enough for what I feel comfortable pushing the stock motor anyway. I'll let you know how I like it compare to the Roush.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Must be a happy dyno lol jk. Just hard to believe especially on the car with cats, the cat delete car with 100 oct would be close to headers and e85 numbers so it's a little more believeable. I'll be waiting to hear some track times or draggy numbers
We did 100 octane with boostane on Don’s car, it was very close in total timing to the e85 tune.

I’m confident that Don’s E85 tune is much faster and much safer for the motor.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
I'm going with a Odin kit here soon. Whipple might make more power max out because it's a bigger blower, but odin will make more than enough for what I feel comfortable pushing the stock motor anyway. I'll let you know how I like it compare to the Roush.
Let us know, I've been considering an Odin since one of my friends was making 900whp with one. (Built shortblock and 10r80)
I'd probably get one of those, and run the Sai li return system to handle e85.

Heatmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Let us know, I've been considering an Odin since one of my friends was making 900whp with one. (Built shortblock and 10r80)
I'd probably get one of those, and run the Sai li return system to handle e85.
Yeah I'm upgrading my fuel system as well, getting the fore level 2 fuel system to make sure I have enough fuel

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Micky et street ss 305’s
Crappy roads around here.
Do they stick pretty well on the street? 19’s or 20’s? What if any suspension mods do you have?

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Do they stick pretty well on the street? 19’s or 20’s? What if any suspension mods do you have?
eh... the street is subjective.... i have 305s on 19s and have a hard time hooking on the street. I have eibach lowering springs. Sometimes it hooks great and sometimes it breaks loose. It all depends on where I'm at and the weather... They hook much better than ps4s though...lol

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
NEGATIVE. 2 Cars in my area tuned by VMP. One with cats,active exhaust,Killer Chiller made 725 at 7400 on a 100 Octane Tune.90 degree day 84% humidity and +2485 DA. Other car identical except Off Road pipes from manifolds down with Resonator delete, no Killer Chiller made 739.
That Killer Chiller is giving the catted guy a huge help. Catted v. Non Catted we have done here back to back with our pipes, and they pickup over 40RWHP. Same dyno same day on a supercharged car. That Killer Chiller is making up a lot of ground for the catted guy. Probably helping keep the cats alive too.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
eh... the street is subjective.... i have 305s on 19s and have a hard time hooking on the street. I have eibach lowering springs. Sometimes it hooks great and sometimes it breaks loose. It all depends on where I'm at and the weather... They hook much better than ps4s though...lol
You have the Et streets also?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
That Killer Chiller is giving the catted guy a huge help. Catted v. Non Catted we have done here back to back with our pipes, and they pickup over 40RWHP. Same dyno same day on a supercharged car. That Killer Chiller is making up a lot of ground for the catted guy. Probably helping keep the cats alive too.
Excellent info. The heat from these kits melt the cats.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
This is good info. Thanks! Are you guys adjusting the cal for the KC or just letting the knock system do its thing? I ask because some of the cals I’ve looked at wouldn’t be able to take full advantage of the drop in MCT.

Z-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang ROUSH Stage 3 Phase 2 - A10 - 3.55 gears
Update from ROUSH:

We are releasing them on model year starting with 2020 first, 2019 next, and finally 2018. The 2020 is due to be released some time next week. When the 2019 calibration is released I will send you an email with the voucher information to flash the vehicle.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Update from Roush for me said that it was due to be released for my car 2 weeks ago but they delayed it another few weeks. I have a 2019 and they didn't mention a difference in the years.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Update from Roush for me said that it was due to be released for my car 2 weeks ago but they delayed it another few weeks. I have a 2019 and they didn't mention a difference in the years.
Since I have a 2018, I might get it by May. That works for me. Lol
20201020_154249.jpg