Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
If you're still under the Roush warranty they'll do it for free. I would suggest calling Roush first to verify before showing up to a dealer. What I found out when I needed mine updated is that a lot of dealers don't like to mess with it.
Roush was installed in September of last year so should still be under warranty yes. They (Roush) told me to go to a specific dealership (not the one that installed the kit) as that dealer was an Authorized Roush Dealer. That being said, I will definitely call them and make sure ahead of time.

I was hoping to sneak the car out this week for one but we've started to get snow again so that's unlikely to happen now. This may be an "in spring" thing.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
Roush was installed in September of last year so should still be under warranty yes. They (Roush) told me to go to a specific dealership (not the one that installed the kit) as that dealer was an Authorized Roush Dealer. That being said, I will definitely call them and make sure ahead of time.

I was hoping to sneak the car out this week for one but we've started to get snow again so that's unlikely to happen now. This may be an "in spring" thing.
Roush has preferred and certified dealers that they work with. It's easier for them to diagnose issues if any come up. Also from a financial perspective, it's easier for them to pay invoices from certain dealers since they have a working relationship with them.
It should only take them about 2-3 hours to do the update but depending on how busy they are you'll probably need to drop it off for a day or 2.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am pretty sure the warranty starts with the "in-service" date of your vehicle, this may or not match when ou actually had the kit installed. If your purchased your car new in 2020, you are good for 36 months after the purchase date.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I am pretty sure the warranty starts with the "in-service" date of your vehicle, this may or not match when ou actually had the kit installed. If your purchased your car new in 2020, you are good for 36 months after the purchase date.
July 2021 was her build date.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It should go buy when you bought it and registered. Either way, you are good until whatever three years after that date is.

July 2021 was her build date.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Has anyone gotten the VMP Odin or GT500 ice tank to fit in the engine bay with the Roush kit installed? I want more IC coolant capacity. Any tips would be appreciated.

It looks doable to modify or replace the Roush airbox to make the tank fit. Just asked VMP if they'd be willing to sell me just the air box shield for the Odin CAI. I'd have to make a cover and MAF tube mount for it though. I also asked if AFE makes other airbox ensures that fit with the ice tank.

https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Odin-Ice-Tank
https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Ice-Tank-for-Predator-GT500
https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Odin-CAI-kit-for-15-20-Mustang-GT

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone gotten the VMP Odin or GT500 ice tank to fit in the engine bay with the Roush kit installed? I want more IC coolant capacity. Any tips would be appreciated.

It looks doable to modify or replace the Roush airbox to make the tank fit. Just asked VMP if they'd be willing to sell me just the air box shield for the Odin CAI. I'd have to make a cover and MAF tube mount for it though. I also asked if AFE makes other airbox ensures that fit with the ice tank.

https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Odin-Ice-Tank
https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Ice-Tank-for-Predator-GT500
https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Odin-CAI-kit-for-15-20-Mustang-GT
Ice tanks are useless for anything but a drag car only. Use the largest single pass you can fit behind the bumper cover. No fans.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Ice tanks are useless for anything but a drag car only. Use the largest single pass you can fit behind the bumper cover. No fans.
No argument there.

My car has a chiller. I'm looking to use the ice tank as a large coolant reservoir for the SC. The VMP tank looks to be well over a gallon and mounts in a great spot to gravity feed from the IC return side. My coolant gets below 20F. The system will maintain that temp longer at WOT if I can get more coolant circulating.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
Took the Roush to the dealership yesterday morning and came away with 2 new catalytic converters and a tune. The previous tune was from October of '21. This was cat number 2 and 3. It's been to the same dealer both times, so they were very easy to work with. Even with the new tune, I'll probably try to get switched over to long tubes to get away from the factory cats. With that, I'll have to say goodbye to the factory warranty. Other than the cats it's been a great car.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
You know….I’d swear I’ve heard of at least a dozen or two cat failures on Roush cars…and it’s commonly accepted that cat failures kill motors. Yet I’ve not seen an actual reported engine failure with the Roush kit on a gen3. Interesting.