bassbaritoneca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Not worried about the money, I don't have a problem there. I am making sure I am able to get things done if there is an issue with the SC or caused by the SC that wasn't foreseen by the engineers. I don't plan on taking the car to the track and running it full out or dragging it. I am much more of a cruiser and enjoy taking the car to shows and club events. Of course, I do enjoy getting on the freeway and rowing through gears but, even then I am not shifting at redline. I just don't want to be left holding the entire bag if nothing was caused by me. So, it sounds like I will have some coverage with Roush.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not worried about the money, I don't have a problem there. I am making sure I am able to get things done if there is an issue with the SC or caused by the SC that wasn't foreseen by the engineers. I don't plan on taking the car to the track and running it full out or dragging it. I am much more of a cruiser and enjoy taking the car to shows and club events. Of course, I do enjoy getting on the freeway and rowing through gears but, even then I am not shifting at redline. I just don't want to be left holding the entire bag if nothing was caused by me. So, it sounds like I will have some coverage with Roush.

Yes u will👍🏼

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
I am planning on adding a Roush SC and if I can extend the warranty past the 36K that would be great! Is your extended warranty through Ford? or a 3rd party? are there are limitations from the standard 36K warranty?
Through the Ford dealer but from AAGI.

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
Since you've said that the car isn't running right currently.. I'd highly recommend having Roush/Ford help you iron out the remaining gremlins before making any modifications. These kits are well engineered and supported. It's probably nothing major but.. may take time, persistence, and $$$ to get the solution. This is the risk we run with a DIY install.

Tune not necessary for the BAP. The BAP is just insuring that the fuel pump meets the parameters defined by the tune. Tune for injectors 100% necessary. Car might not even start without it.

A good tuner will be able to recommend injectors (based on your goals), and might be able to send you a safe tune file so you can get to the shop. You'll likely need a new way to upload that file to the car. I'd be shocked if RDT would flash an aftermarket file.
Yeah, I was hoping to save money just installing the injectors myself..

But it seems like i'd have to rent a car and trailer and haul it over to him anyway which might be near the cost of having them install it since the shop is 70 miles away. I have been talking to someone from AEDHP who will be doing the custom tune.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
It's a great kit with peace of mind. If the budget is healthy and you're looking for additional precautions towards temperature related issues checkout adding the Max Cooling Kit onto the SC install.

Also consider installing a gauge that monitors IAT2 and other temps that tend to creep due to the added performance. Good idea to do this first so you get a baseline before adding the boost.

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
It's a great kit with peace of mind. If the budget is healthy and you're looking for additional precautions towards temperature related issues checkout adding the Max Cooling Kit onto the SC install.

Also consider installing a gauge that monitors IAT2 and other temps that tend to creep due to the added performance. Good idea to do this first so you get a baseline before adding the boost.
Do you have any recs for the gauge? I remember reading N-gauge discontinued the products. I've been considering one but not looking to spend too much money or delete the air vents in the car.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Yeah, I was hoping to save money just installing the injectors myself..

But it seems like I'd have to rent a car and trailer and haul it over to him anyway which might be near the cost of having them install it since the shop is 70 miles away. I have been talking to someone from AEDHP who will be doing the custom tune.
Yeah probably best to have them do it. Is the car still running funny?

I have an AeroForce Interceptor OBD2 Gauge https://aeroforcetech.com/
I like it but it's not the most user friendly. There's all sorts of gauge pods available. My vent delete redirects the airflow to the other 2 vents.

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
Yeah probably best to have them do it. Is the car still running funny?

I have an AeroForce Interceptor OBD2 Gauge https://aeroforcetech.com/
I like it but it's not the most user friendly. There's all sorts of gauge pods available. My vent delete redirects the airflow to the other 2 vents.
Tbh the only issue I really have had is a slight idle drop when starting the car warm. And recently seems like the cats. Which seems to be a common issue after reading other threads.

Actually have something already plugged into the OBD2 port for auto-insurance, probably can ditch that but I'm paying $600 or less per year for multiple cars so not sure if its worth the trade off...$270 is my price range though.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Tbh the only issue I really have had is a slight idle drop when starting the car warm. And recently seems like the cats. Which seems to be a common issue after reading other threads.

Actually have something already plugged into the OBD2 port for auto-insurance, probably can ditch that but I'm paying $600 or less per year for multiple cars so not sure if its worth the trade off...$270 is my price range though.
You can get an obd splitter. I have one so I can keep my dash cam plugged in when I use the mx+.

bassbaritoneca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT California Special
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for the advice! I was already looking at the Max cooling kit and a radiator upgrade because I live in Phoenix. Guess I may need to add the pillar gauge pod as I already have the Shelby Gauge Pod to add Oil and Intake temps. I just installed the Fuel Pressure sensor last night after waiting for a new fuel rail adapter to arrive. The boost gauge awaits the SC install. I installed these so I could get baselines. I am doing all of the prep work first before I add the SC so, subframe supports, half shafts, clutch, etc. is going in and the SC is the very last piece.

1673011943362.png

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
Thanks for the advice! I was already looking at the Max cooling kit and a radiator upgrade because I live in Phoenix. Guess I may need to add the pillar gauge pod as I already have the Shelby Gauge Pod to add Oil and Intake temps. I just installed the Fuel Pressure sensor last night after waiting for a new fuel rail adapter to arrive. The boost gauge awaits the SC install. I installed these so I could get baselines. I am doing all of the prep work first before I add the SC so, subframe supports, half shafts, clutch, etc. is going in and the SC is the very last piece.

1673011943362.png

If you are installing it from scratch get the Jokerz IC brick and it will help tremendously. I have the max cooling kit on my Roush and while it works I find myself wanting the IC bring to help IAT2's. Both is best but if you have to choose one go with the IC brick.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
The unfortunate issue with the Jokerz IC brick would be maintaining the Roush offered warranty which @bassbaritoneca is set on doing.

You can get an obd splitter. I have one so I can keep my dash cam plugged in when I use the mx+.
What OBDII splitter do you have? I've been meaning to get one.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
What OBDII splitter do you have? I've been meaning to get one.
I used this one because the wires come out the left side so I could tuck them behind the panel next to the door.