Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Thanks. I'll reach out to him and see if I can get some help shaking trees.

Yes, they told me they used to be an authorized Roush dealer; one of the first in the area when Ford and Roush made their partnership. Their Master Tech is also certified in all the things that are required.

At this point, I don't really want to blame the tune or the hardware. I just want to put the two organizations together and get them to sort it out. Being without a car for almost 4 weeks has been pure hell. I can't even drive around to get a winter beater because I don't have wheels to take me places LOL
Lol I bet Ford and Roush are still quick to point the finger at each other whenever an issue that involves effort arises.

You may want to consider picking up the car and try driving it in the cooler weather before they make anymore changes. The more minor but possibly similar issue that mine is having seems to be temperature and fuel related. It's lean and hot when it stumbles at idle.

It would be good feedback to Roush if the cool temps have a positive or negative effect on your issue. If your issue has escalated to Roush's engineering team, the car will likely continue to sit until some type of corrective action is issued to the techs.

It sounds similar to this issue: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/vmp-odin-dying-issue.179647/

This thread makes it seem that there may still be some figuring out to do with positive displacement SCs in general on the 2018+ models.

Last edited:

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
Nice đź‘Ť which headers are you running ?
I cant remember the name where priced right nice quality bad fitment tho so i wouldnt recommend them they rubbed they need denting at the steering joint and at the ac line in passenger side for 18+ maybe now they may be corrected ill have to see if i can find something with their name.

Markuaw1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 gt mustang convertible 10 speed Roush 2650
I cant remember the name where priced right nice quality bad fitment tho so i wouldnt recommend them they rubbed they need denting at the steering joint and at the ac line in passenger side for 18+ maybe now they may be corrected ill have to see if i can find something with their name.
Thanks, I need to do something now that I'm on this custom tune. there's no cat protection and I'm going to melt those Factory catalytic converters pretty fast. they're not going to last long now like to get some long tube headers and get rid of the factory manifolds and catalytic converters

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Thanks, I need to do something now that I'm on this custom tune. there's no cat protection and I'm going to melt those Factory catalytic converters pretty fast. they're not going to last long now like to get some long tube headers and get rid of the factory manifolds and catalytic converters
LTH Brand are what I have. No banging necessary (at least from what I heard) and the fitment was great. 1-7/8". Car sounds MEAN with the Borla Type-S in Sport or Track mode. Quiet mode cold starts are a little tinny but still quiet. Normal mode is LOUD on a cold start... Really loud.

Last edited:

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
I’d go with a name brand reputable set im sure there 3 or more others can vouch for.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
You have a long way to go my friend. 4 months and some change is what it took for the dealership and roush to get mine right. I would call the dealership every 2-3 days and roush once a week. what sucks is when you are on hold with roush the damn advertisement saying how awesome the stage 2 kit is plays on a loop. usually took 45 min to an hour on hold to get someone on the phone. I got the same story about spark plugs and other parts. They are going to say they have to check all the wires and may even say they want to replace the harness. a lot of times after being on hold all I got was a we are having a meeting about your car tomorrow. What really got them going was a roush built car had the same exact symptoms as mine and they finally sent an engineer to the dealership to investigate.
You will have to stay on top of both the dealership and roush.

Reactions: MCS

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
You have a long way to go my friend. 4 months and some change is what it took for the dealership and roush to get mine right. I would call the dealership every 2-3 days and roush once a week. what sucks is when you are on hold with roush the damn advertisement saying how awesome the stage 2 kit is plays on a loop. usually took 45 min to an hour on hold to get someone on the phone. I got the same story about spark plugs and other parts. They are going to say they have to check all the wires and may even say they want to replace the harness. a lot of times after being on hold all I got was a we are having a meeting about your car tomorrow. What really got them going was a roush built car had the same exact symptoms as mine and they finally sent an engineer to the dealership to investigate.
You will have to stay on top of both the dealership and roush.
Assuming that this is in response to @MCS issue. Do you know what the solution for your car ended up being?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
As I posted in my build thread...

Well, I got her back from the dealership today. Oddly enough it may have been the spark plugs?!?

Apparently, two cylinders were misfiring; one of them almost all the time and the other sporadically. Roush sent replacement plugs so the Master Tech swapped them out and let the car idle for 15 minutes in the shop then took the car for a road test. He wasn't able to reproduce the issue at all.

I just took it for an hour-long drive myself and it never stalled once. In fact, it didn't even stumble.

I'll get some more seat time this weekend but she looks to be good to go, knock on wood!
They also reflashed the tune onto the car just to make sure everything was good there.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
It's odd that it was misfiring without throwing a code, but regardless, congrats and hope it will run smoothly from now on.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
It's odd that it was misfiring without throwing a code, but regardless, congrats and hope it will run smoothly from now on.
Thank you @tosha I'm definitely going to get some seat time this weekend. I'm thinking of going to the Mustang show in Mississauga at Starbucks so will get a chance to do some more driving!

Yeah it was odd that nothing was throwing a code. I think that is what was throwing everyone off?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Thank you @tosha I'm definitely going to get some seat time this weekend. I'm thinking of going to the Mustang show in Mississauga at Starbucks so will get a chance to do some more driving!

Yeah it was odd that nothing was throwing a code. I think that is what was throwing everyone off?
"Mustang show in Mississauga at Starbucks" - whaaat?? 🤣

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
"Mustang show in Mississauga at Starbucks" - whaaat?? 🤣
They have a "Mustang meet" (but a ton of other cars go) in Mississauga every Friday night. You even get Chargers, Corvettes and an occasional import.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

I am glad for it got sorted out. Safe driving! :wink:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
So got a lot of seat time this weekend. No more stalls.

Couple of things I did notice.

When I am driving with the car in DRIVE (D) (in SPORT+ or TRACK modes), and I use the flappy paddles at all, it won't automatically go back to whatever gear the computer wants and remove the flappy icons. It waits till I shift the gears from that point on. The only way to truly go back to DRIVE is to shift to SPORT and then back to DRIVE.

I also noticed that when the A10 goes from 1-2 and 4-5 it's like a super hard shift. Is this a learning thing for the computer to re-learn how I drive post-tune? It is quite jarring and you all know that if you're jarred into your seat then your foot inadvertently pushes down more which makes the whole thing worse. If I see it get close to the shift point from 1st to 2nd gear, and I let off the accelerator a little, it seems to slide into the gear easier. Same with 4-5.

Last edited:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Try holding the up paddle for about 3 seconds and see if that puts it back or automatic shifting.