Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I dont know about relearn. Its not great that it happens, but its normally only under light throttle. Under harder acceleration the 1-2 shift doesn't even happen, and 1-3 3-4 seem to be better. I would describe it as the car does not like light throttle. My issue may be different from yours though. You said you have no issues in normal, but this is happening to me in normal mode.

I may talk to the dealer about in in November when I go for an oil change. Thing is its my only car right now.
You could be right about the "doesn't like light throttle". I was sending her on Saturday and she would just get up and go and bang bang through the gears with no problems. That was in TRACK mode.

I'll do some more research in the coming days. I just got my car back from the dealership Friday so I'm still paying close attention to whether it will stall at stop lights again (that was the plug issue I had in 2 of the cylinders). But I'll add this to the list of stuff to pay close attention to.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ok so a couple of pieces of feedback now that I'm no longer really paying attention to the RPMs at stop lights for potential stall outs LOL

NORMAL MODE = She shifts pretty smoothly. No biggie there.

SPORT+ = She does seem to shift harder from 1-2 and 4-5 however either it's learning or I'm adapting to the new driving style required with the Supercharger and the Tune.

TRACK = Didn't put her in TRACK yet today. Want to get a better handle on what's going on before we slam bam her around town.

FLAPPY PADDLES = Yes, if I pull one of the paddles up for 3-4 seconds it will put it back into the computer automatically shifting for me so that is good news! Not sure why ROUSH would have changed that factory setting - You know the one where it automatically goes back to the computer on its own after like 5 seconds?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Iā€™ve heard of some people preferring it to stay in paddle mode until you tell it otherwise. I get it. Iā€™ve had it revert back before I wanted it to even though Iā€™ve already doubled the factory time.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Ok so a couple of pieces of feedback now that I'm no longer really paying attention to the RPMs at stop lights for potential stall outs LOL

NORMAL MODE = She shifts pretty smoothly. No biggie there.

SPORT+ = She does seem to shift harder from 1-2 and 4-5 however either it's learning or I'm adapting to the new driving style required with the Supercharger and the Tune.

TRACK = Didn't put her in TRACK yet today. Want to get a better handle on what's going on before we slam bam her around town.

FLAPPY PADDLES = Yes, if I pull one of the paddles up for 3-4 seconds it will put it back into the computer automatically shifting for me so that is good news! Not sure why ROUSH would have changed that factory setting - You know the one where it automatically goes back to the computer on its own after like 5 seconds?
please entertain my curiosity, but do you really need all these sport+/track modes while just cruising on the streets? it should have more than enough oomph in Normal for city driving. I could never understand what's the point of having two Sport modes in AT mustangs. doesn't make any sense to me.

I get it, you want all modes to work properly without hard shifts, but Track mode is something you'd really want to be tuned to work well on a track. Take her out to a HPDE event on Mosport at least once, this is where you'd get a chance to test it properly ;)

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
please entertain my curiosity, but do you really need all these sport+/track modes while just cruising on the streets? it should have more than enough oomph in Normal for city driving. I could never understand what's the point of having two Sport modes in AT mustangs. doesn't make any sense to me.

I get it, you want all modes to work properly without hard shifts, but Track mode is something you'd really want to be tuned to work well on a track. Take her out to a HPDE event on Mosport at least once, this is where you'd get a chance to test it properly ;)
Fair questions.

I drive in TRACK mode cause the exhaust note is awesome.

My girlfriend drives in NORMAL or if she is feeling extra brave SPORT+ mode cause she also likes the exhaust mode.

Normal MODE or RAIN/WET mode are what I use on the highway as it detunes things a bit and saves gas.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Fair questions.

I drive in TRACK mode cause the exhaust note is awesome.

My girlfriend drives in NORMAL or if she is feeling extra brave SPORT+ mode cause she also likes the exhaust mode.

Normal MODE or RAIN/WET mode are what I use on the highway as it detunes things a bit and saves gas.
I see. I would suggest enabling My Mode with exhaust in Track and the rest in Normal. Fewer clicks and you have your custom mode configured. Me personally - I hate artificially non-linear throttle pedal tuning in Sport mode, makes the whole driving experience unnecessarily hysteric. Track is for tracks as I have a tuned magneride config, that makes Track mode just too stiff for normal driving. Also, SC combined with H-Pipe make sounds that are borderline obscene at WOT šŸ¤£ .

Again, nothing wrong about wanting all modes to work without side effects, but it seems that above would be easiest way to work around these issues.
Makes me even happier that I have 6MT šŸ˜, I'm the only cause of jarring upshifts regardless of the mode.

• Haha

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I see. I would suggest enabling My Mode with exhaust in Track and the rest in Normal. Fewer clicks and you have your custom mode configured. Me personally - I hate artificially non-linear throttle pedal tuning in Sport mode, makes the whole driving experience unnecessarily hysteric. Track is for tracks as I have a tuned magneride config, that makes Track mode just too stiff for normal driving. Also, SC combined with H-Pipe make sounds that are borderline obscene at WOT šŸ¤£ .

Again, nothing wrong about wanting all modes to work without side effects, but it seems that above would be easiest way to work around these issues.
Makes me even happier that I have 6MT šŸ˜, I'm the only cause of jarring upshifts regardless of the mode.
Yeah, I'll have to dial in a MYMODE I guess later today. I think I had it set for QUIET EHXAUST cause I was using it to drive on the highway but RAIN/WET mode does the same.

I'll get more seat time with her during the week. We shall see.

I wanted a manual! Drove manual all my life but then read reports that the 6-speed doesn't do well with stock hp/torque let alone when you SC it. Apparently, you are proof to the contrary!

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I wanted a manual! Drove manual all my life but then read reports that the 6-speed doesn't do well with stock hp/torque let alone when you SC it. Apparently, you are proof to the contrary!
Hoping it should do just fine, but we'll see how it survives through my extensive warranty period testing šŸ¤Ŗ . I don't launch it from a dig, don't test powershifting, not interested in drag racing, line lock was a one-time feature test. I'm much more interested in testing the limits of lateral G's šŸ˜

• Haha

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Hoping it should do just fine, but we'll see how it survives through my extensive warranty period testing šŸ¤Ŗ . I don't launch it from a dig, don't test powershifting, not interested in drag racing, line lock was a one-time feature test. I'm much more interested in testing the limits of lateral G's šŸ˜
Well, the pucker factor was real this weekend when I hammered it getting on the highway. From 20-100kmh in the blink of an eye and we both got sucked into the seats pretty hardcore. Be careful with those lateral moves cause that's how you end up on TikTok and wiping out crowds at Cars and Coffee LOL

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Anyone ever run 91 in theirs when they HAVE to?

Calibration optimized for 93 octane fuel, compatible with premium fuel
My mom's place about 3 hours north of where I am is deep in the boonies. The closest gas station is a 10-minute drive. They have 91. Last year I took the mustang up during the summer but next year if I have to log 50 gallons of 93 along with me I might think twice LOL

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Itā€™ll definitely be fine at part throttle but Iā€™m pretty sure the Roush cal is good for 91. Thatā€™s all they have in some places like ca.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Itā€™ll definitely be fine at part throttle but Iā€™m pretty sure the Roush cal is good for 91. Thatā€™s all they have in some places like ca.
1666034860409.png

Makes me leery to try LOL

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Well, the pucker factor was real this weekend when I hammered it getting on the highway. From 20-100kmh in the blink of an eye and we both got sucked into the seats pretty hardcore.
what you describe is a frequent reason for spinouts and crashes - these 10-speed autos may drop so many gears when downshifting, that even a maneuver that seems safe (just passing somebody in straight line) can result in loss of rear end traction. too much torque multiplication from too much downshift that driver did not expect. something much harder to do accidentally on a manual (but still possible).
Be careful with those lateral moves cause that's how you end up on TikTok and wiping out crowds at Cars and Coffee LOL
I don't go to C&C for bunch of reasons, idiots crashing into crowds and poles and other cars being a big one. I chase the G's in a bit different environment and my type of crowd usually knows a thing or two about safety :giggle:

5.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love