Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the pics of the two the VMP looks wider and not as long where the 18+ looks skinnier and longer.
VMP instructions say to do a little trimming because the VMP is longer

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
So the vmp should work with the roush 2650? Also where were these instructions?
With the limited space i wonder how much better it will cool, for the money a kc system may still be best maybe.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
With the limited space i wonder how much better it will cool, for the money a kc system may still be best maybe.
You guys are talking about a brick... I see Joker has an updated Intercooler.. Is that what you are talking about? The webpage says it lowers IAT2's up to 10 degrees... Doesn't sound like it's worth it here in AZ over the IC.. VMP has an upgraded one as well?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
You guys are talking about a brick... I see Joker has an updated Intercooler.. Is that what you are talking about? The webpage says it lowers IAT2's up to 10 degrees... Doesn't sound like it's worth it here in AZ over the IC.. VMP has an upgraded one as well?
Yes talking about a replacement intercooler brick and as of right now Jokerz brick is untested and the posted results are guesstimates and what it does for a gt500. Definitely not the best bang for the buck by itself but coupled with other things it maybe worth it.

Heatmaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't think vmp offers one for 18+ roush. I could be mistaken but I think the one they offer is for 11-17 (the old gen rear feed roush blowers). Make sure to get with vmp or research before you end up with a intercooler brick that's not compatible. Just my 2 cents..

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Yes talking about a replacement intercooler brick and as of right now Jokerz brick is untested and the posted results are guesstimates and what it does for a gt500. Definitely not the best bang for the buck by itself but coupled with other things it maybe worth it.
Got ya, that's what I thought but when VMP was mentioned I didn't think there was anything for this particular blower from them. I'm going to bite the bullet soon and buy the interchiller system and eventually go to E85. Only problem with E85 is I only have ONE station that sells it nearby. Next closest is 25 minutes away and I'm not paying tons of money for gas just to go get gas :p

Hard to justify upgrades right now because our drag strip is closing in 2023.. Damnit. I hate driving to Mexico for races....

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
I think with the direct injection the space is limited 30-40 degree temps over ambient are still going to relate to high iat2’s if racing it, is what the goals are. If you are just doing the occasional pull to scare your wife or get the butterflies just stay with what you got before you drop 2k plus labor on a intercooler for an occasional pull and still not see any benefits. Just my 2 cents after cutting up my air box installing the vmp odin ice tank for no improvement in temps since the tank was too small. KC or interchiller are prob gonna be the only way to see real improvements. Right now if im idling with the drag valve on im still not seeing the greatest benefits from the KC unless im moving. I am trying to mimick what the conditions are at the dragstrip while waiting in line. Now if im driving around the intercooler lines are ice cold and temps are great.

Markuaw1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 gt mustang convertible 10 speed Roush 2650
I think with the direct injection the space is limited 30-40 degree temps over ambient are still going to relate to high iat2’s if racing it, is what the goals are. If you are just doing the occasional pull to scare your wife or get the butterflies just stay with what you got before you drop 2k plus labor on a intercooler for an occasional pull and still not see any benefits. Just my 2 cents after cutting up my air box installing the vmp odin ice tank for no improvement in temps since the tank was too small. KC or interchiller are prob gonna be the only way to see real improvements. Right now if im idling with the drag valve on im still not seeing the greatest benefits from the KC unless im moving. I am trying to mimick what the conditions are at the dragstrip while waiting in line. Now if im driving around the intercooler lines are ice cold and temps are great.
Should have bought the FI interchiller Superior product it's a bigger unit also comes with a another condenser and fan this is my temps idling at the light temp that day was 96
SmartSelect_20220612-140751_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Correct. That's why I bought one.
Sorry, the VMP video says to trim the intake manifold.

Last edited:

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Should have bought the FI interchiller Superior product it's a bigger unit also comes with a another condenser and fan
I didn’t know it came with the extras! Kicking myself once again for not researching more. Oh well live and learn.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
So I wanna here from guys (2018/2019) that actually have the kit.
Driving characteristics, power, idle, daily driving and of course possibly et and mph

I'm not looking for more than 600RW (A10)
I have 3.15's which I believe would be good for a PDB

From what I here the newest tune is MUCH better, they made a change to the HE or intercooler pump too.
Again, I know there's kits that make more power but I like the idea of a Roush/Ford product for warranty reasons
I think they did a great job. I did the dealer install when I bought it. Warranty and all. It runs like stock but you know it when you get on it. No drivability. No pinging. It also re programs the auto trans. Mine has 3.55s.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think they did a great job. I did the dealer install when I bought it. Warranty and all. It runs like stock but you know it when you get on it. No drivability. No pinging. It also re programs the auto trans. Mine has 3.55s.
Robo I started this thread, where have u been…ahahahahaha!!!!