Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Recently got my car re-calibrated as I got new wheels and tires... now it's shifting higher than usual and being Jerky. Also rpm hangs on redline (WOT).

Roush told me to reset my transmission adaptive table to follow the instructions they gave me. But didn't get much information about the adaptive table. Can anyone help me to get this done? Dealer?

Thanks!
When I was having issues during the early days of having my SC and it was still under warranty I had the dealer mess with it all. After all I did pay them to install it so they can deal with the issues that had come up. Just my two centsā€¦

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Just got my car back from roush and wow, this thing is crazy even under 5k and 1/4 throttle. Just figured out the service manager doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about though, before I left I asked if itā€™s lubricated with engine oil or its own, he said it has its own system so I asked where the drain and fill is and he said somewhere on the backā€¦ after a little reading that was determined to be a lie lol. So was he correct on telling me the supercharger has a break in period? He couldnā€™t answer any questions on for how long, or what rpm/throttle position to limit it to, just said take it easy for a short period. Canā€™t find details online about that.

I also couldnā€™t talk them into just installing OPGā€™s by themselves, they claimed it only came as a kit and wouldnā€™t warranty MMR OPGā€™s so it got the entire gt500 oil pump plus the aluminum pan. I was upset about the added cost at first but after crawling under it this evening and seeing I actually have a threaded bolt and not that stupid yellow plastic plug Iā€™m glad I let them talk me into doing it.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Just put in an eco boost gauge pack. Pretty cool, plug and play.

ADBFED08-FB79-4798-AE9B-83684C4B27F2.jpeg

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Did anyone get a break in procedure when they had their kit installed?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Mine was installed when the car was new, so was just told to follow Ford's break-in procedure. Nothing was said in regards to the supercharger.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Had mine installed at 900 miles and noone said anything about break-in. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plenty of people been beating on them without issue.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I was afraid there was only factory roush and new car installed guys here lol. Mine went on at almost 24k miles.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Yeah so your car is already passed the break-in period. You can just send it!
Well the service manager at the roush dealer said the supercharger itself had a break in period but I caught him bsā€™ing me on a couple things so I was double checking that here.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Well the service manager at the roush dealer said the supercharger itself had a break in period but I caught him bsā€™ing me on a couple things so I was double checking that here.
I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with the supercharger. If you are concerned though it couldn't hurt to go easy on it for a while. I haven't gone easy on mine a single day! lol With about 10k miles on it now I don't see any problems.

TonyHawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, Roush Stage 2 SC kit, Roush axel back / x-pipe, chin splitter, aero foil and side scoops, GT350R wheels
Did anyone get a break in procedure when they had their kit installed?
Mine was installed at 18K miles. No break was mentioned or required in the paperwork that came with it.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with the supercharger. If you are concerned though it couldn't hurt to go easy on it for a while. I haven't gone easy on mine a single day! lol With about 10k miles on it now I don't see any problems.
took both my cars to the strip stock at less than a couple hundred miles. Installed the blower at 700 on one and took it to the strip about a week later. Pretty sure it has 8000 miles and well over a hundred drag strip runs.

(The first one had the blower installed around 3k and I traded it at 14k) It had WAY more runs at the strip than this one.

Last edited: