Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Don’t forget you may lose your warranty if you add these (I’m sure Ford can find a reason to void a warranty for any reason if they want)… not like I’m one to talk.
hows the new tune treating you?
still solid?

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
While I completely agree with you we all know how dealerships can be. I’m just looking out for people who bought the Roush so they could have a warranty just like I did and then decided I needed and wanted more and knew the risk I was taking adding on.
If we do not need a new calibration for adding a LTH, I can put the stock headers back on???
Also, on a stock tune we cannot run LTH. Does Roush tune makes a difference that we can run LTH?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
hows the new tune treating you?
still solid?
Ole Tucaz520 my friend! I’m so deep into this car it’s not even funny! Current mod list: Roush SC, 2.75 pulley, Catless LTH’s, return style fuel system w/ dual pumps, killer chiller, full suspension and e85. But I have not had a single check engine since switching to the custom tune thou.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Ole Tucaz520 my friend! I’m so deep into this car it’s not even funny! Current mod list: Roush SC, 2.75 pulley, Catless LTH’s, return style fuel system w/ dual pumps, killer chiller, full suspension and e85. But I have not had a single check engine since switching to the custom tune thou.
LMAO it happens.
here i am just waiting for winter to pass to put on some decent wheels and tires. killer chiller might be as far as i go with any mods while still under warranty.

good to hear about the tune that will be the first thing i change after warranty period is up or at least i want to get through a summer before pulling the plug on the warranty.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
If we do not need a new calibration for adding a LTH, I can put the stock headers back on???
Also, on a stock tune we cannot run LTH. Does Roush tune makes a difference that we can run LTH?
You could definitely put back on the stock shorties but it would be a lot work. I never ran LTH’s with the Roush calibration and probably wouldn’t because I was not a fan of their tune at all.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
LMAO it happens.
here i am just waiting for winter to pass to put on some decent wheels and tires. killer chiller might be as far as i go with any mods while still under warranty.

good to hear about the tune that will be the first thing i change after warranty period is up or at least i want to get through a summer before pulling the plug on the warranty.
You my friend have had enough issues and definitely need to just enjoy the car with warranty and then go full throttle once it’s up of you choose to. I’ll be honest my car is full race car as far as I’m concerned but it’s still my daily and a lot to handle sometimes and almost not worth it due to its full potential just sits in waiting most of the time.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
You could definitely put back on the stock shorties but it would be a lot work. I never ran LTH’s with the Roush calibration and probably wouldn’t because I was not a fan of their tune at all.
most techs i talk to said they have done 1 set of headers on a 5.0 and will never do another set lol

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
You my friend have had enough issues and definitely need to just enjoy the car with warranty and then go full throttle once it’s up of you choose to. I’ll be honest my car is full race car as far as I’m concerned but it’s still my daily and a lot to handle sometimes and almost not worth it due to its full potential just sits in waiting most of the time.
mines a grocery getting and kid hauler. I absolutely hate commuting along with traffic knowing the potential under my right foot. More power will just make it worse lol ive already got a warning ticket and had another close call cruising at 110mph for no reason other than i could.

hell I'm the same way in my 73 mach1

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
most techs i talk to said they have done 1 set of headers on a 5.0 and will never do another set lol
Honestly my first time was the hardest also. It took me about 6 hours to install headers on a 5.0 mustang. Now that I have done a few it's really not that bad. I can get then installed in around 3.5 to 4 hours.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Here is the skinny. Roush/Ford can deny warranty if you have headers installed and blow the motor. Simple fact. Everyone can claim the Moss whatever warranty act but in the end, do you think you are going overcome their lawyers/service department/etc? (it does help having a relationship with said places)

But.. If you *do* run headers.. Chances are, you won't have problems with this kit. I'm on my second 2018+ Roush setup and there haven't been many issues other than things that were tune related and blowing a cat in my first one. Roush customer service has been top notch but in the end, the kit is solid.

Headers are worth it but if your motor blows, it may be a tough sell with the dealer/roush/ford.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
The person who installed mine did it for $400 and was done in 4 hours. Pretty sure he had some experience :)

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I received some interesting information regarding 2022’s. I asked if there was any information regarding 22 Roush Stage 3’s yet and was told there is no info yet. However the rep did say that the 18-21 supercharger will not work on the 2022 that it will be a completely different kit. Makes you wonder if they are going with a inverted blow up style 2650 or maybe the 3100 rotor pack or just some modifications to accommodate any possible changes on the 22 Coyote motor.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I received some interesting information regarding 2022’s. I asked if there was any information regarding 22 Roush Stage 3’s yet and was told there is no info yet. However the rep did say that the 18-21 supercharger will not work on the 2022 that it will be a completely different kit. Makes you wonder if they are going with a inverted blow up style 2650 or maybe the 3100 rotor pack or just some modifications to accommodate any possible changes on the 22 Coyote motor.
Early on they were supposed to be adopting the Eaton 3.1 rotor pack but have not heard anything for a while about. Maybe they were just waiting for the next rendition. If so hopefully they are addressing the design for heat at the same time.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Imo it's quite simple, CARB E.O. #D-418-41 is for 2018-2021 MY. 2022 is not yet carb cerified and will not be approved for installs until approved. I've been waiting for dealer install from April till July just because of that for 2021.