Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

ShdwBlck5Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I am glad to hear this. I hated to see you knock a hole in a piston with 12:1 compression, 14 PSI of boost and only 93 octane fuel.
yeah seeing everyoneā€™s response got me kinda worried hahaha, first time with a boosted high compression motor. still learning šŸ˜‚

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Need some help. 19 Roush and looking to put a UPR catch can on it. Anyone see this before on engine? The UPR does not show T-Junction for the dirty clean lines. Anyone experience this and how did you get around it?

Passenger Side.jpg
blocking off that tube from the lower intake will not allow any trapped oil/blowby to be drained out of the lower intake, instead it is being burned in the cylinders. I am not sure why UPR has theirs setup this way... if they can guarantee 100% no blowby will be getting past their driver side can I guess that would work, but I would prefer to see a can setup with that lower tube connection still being used. Roush has a specific contour to the lower bowl to drain any excessive oil in that location and now that escape route is blocked.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Make sure you read the Roush warranty closely.....it really doesn't allow you to make many changes engine wise. People have asked about adding BAP "Boost a Pump" and was told it voids the warranty.

You had to change the Tune šŸŽ¶?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Make sure you read the Roush warranty closely.....it really doesn't allow you to make many changes engine wise. People have asked about adding BAP "Boost a Pump" and was told it voids the warranty.
What about adding a catch can?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've heard yes and no. I do know many people run them, as it is easy to remove them if needed.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Catch cans, headers, OPGā€™s all void the warranty.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Damn. What's the big deal with a CC that it voids the warranty. Just makes no sense.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
So here is reply from Roush on catch cans where I removed the name of person.

With the catch cans, we do not feel they are necessary and haven't tested with any. If you do plan to use them, JLT or UPR seem to be the popular choices and they make specific ones for the ROUSH S/C.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
the trick is to get the dealer you bought from to install the parts for you :)

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
blocking off that tube from the lower intake will not allow any trapped oil/blowby to be drained out of the lower intake, instead it is being burned in the cylinders. I am not sure why UPR has theirs setup this way... if they can guarantee 100% no blowby will be getting past their driver side can I guess that would work, but I would prefer to see a can setup with that lower tube connection still being used. Roush has a specific contour to the lower bowl to drain any excessive oil in that location and now that escape route is blocked.
I pulled this junction, it was wet with oil on section from PCV but dry on the lower intake side