Sponsored

Q1 2019 sales

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Car sales are by brand not by corporate siblings trying to combine sales is just and effort to make your bad situation not look as bad. There hasn't been a Mercury for eight years that sounds like a c6g ploy to confuse the subject.
Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Car sales are by brand not by corporate siblings trying to combine sales is just and effort to make your bad situation not look as bad. There hasn't been a Mercury for eight years that sounds like a c6g ploy to confuse the subject.
The point is that the Silverado and Sierra share the vast majority of their parts, are built on the same line and are developed by the same people at the same time. The Silverado and the Malibu or Corvette are completely different vehicles, so your initial comparison had zero basis.

I'm not defending GM, merely poking a hole in your flawed logic. The Camaro sucks in many aspects for its segment, and that's why it's struggling.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The point is that the Silverado and Sierra share the vast majority of their parts, are built on the same line and are developed by the same people at the same time. The Silverado and the Malibu or Corvette are completely different vehicles, so your initial comparison had zero basis.

I'm not defending GM, merely poking a hole in your flawed logic. The Camaro sucks in many aspects for its segment, and that's why it's struggling.
Again sales are tallied by brand name like Fusion is a brand name and Focus is a brand name if we use this logic toyolet could combine camry and corolla sales and be the king of car sales

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Again sales are tallied by brand name like Fusion is a brand name and Focus is a brand name if we use this logic toyolet could combine camry and corolla sales and be the king of car sales
Except, once again, the Corolla and Camry are completely different cars, as are the fusion and focus. The Silverado and Sierra are close to identical vehicles with a different grille and badge. Are you not getting this?

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Had a 15' GT 6 speed. Drove a Scrapmaro, as you call, it, that kicked the Mustang's azz in everyway. 0-60, 1/4 times, handling. Bought it. Then was considering going to a used GT350 since prices came down to earth. Drove it and then a ZL1 back to back. The ZL1 KILLED the GT 350. KILLED. Traded on an 18 GT and enjoy the car considerably as well.

Now when you actually go and BUY the cars, own the cars and DRIVE the cars your opinion will matter. Until then puff out your chest and continue with the Scrapmaro comments.

For the record I always had Mustangs and Corvettes and the 16 was my very first Scrapmaro.
Just out of curiosity, why did you trade your ZL1 for an 18 GT, when as you say, the ZL1 killed the 350 or did I misunderstand and you had a regular SS?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
There were a lot of posts deleted because of personal attacks and bickering, if it continues, the people involved will have their accounts suspended.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
The problem is, all 3 of the big 3 took bail out money, some just took it after it was too late to recover. Ford got 5.9 billion right before the bail out bill was approved. GM going 51 billion but they paid back 39 billion of it. I think GMAC took 17 billion and paid back 19 and change. Chrysler took the least, but it still cost the tax payers over a billion in the end. They're all the same.
I was under the impression Ford got money from investing/bank group not the US tax payers.:question:

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I figured this thread would be closed by now.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Just out of curiosity, why did you trade your ZL1 for an 18 GT, when as you say, the ZL1 killed the 350 or did I misunderstand and you had a regular SS?
I was bored with the ZL1. I believe it was more because it was an automatic. Lost connection to the car.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I was under the impression Ford got money from investing/bank group not the US tax payers.:question:
It was a different loan program, but Ford and Ford credit got money. 5.9B for Ford was provided through Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility instead of TARP. They also have until 2022 to pay it back.

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Thats true, FORD did not take tax payers money like fiat dodge and gm.Out of the big 3,two of them went BANKRUPT!:crackup::cwl: