Sponsored

Put a deposit on a new car- you guys going to laugh.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
It may sound weird but I felt the GR86's power was somewhat "liberating". You can mash the pedal without worrying too much that the rear end might come lose. Something that always needs to be kept in mind with the Mustang. Fun little car and nothing else for the money (besides Miata if you want a convertible). Looking forward to pics when it arrives and more driving impressions from you. Cheers!
Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Here it is!. I found one that just came in 3 hours away, they got it 2nd day. I said look, I have a deposit but il come grab that if price is right.- they took 1288 off my car! I got down there and drove it back. Its fricken awesome!

I love it! it isn't a rocket, but its quick, and its quick enough and I had a blast. Only issue is my elbow hits the fricken button that opens the little console, but I found out there's a little pad that I can use for comfort/prevents my elbow from hitting the button. (granted I wish it was not in that spot) its just my height / elbow length and where I sit that my elbow seems to hit that button.

Other than that guys, it's great. It included front/back/cargo rear mats as well.
Few photos. I used a shirt over the button, and that fixed the issue. So will make a fix.

Highway said 32mpg. I kept varying rpms/gears etc during 3 hour trip, but still got AMAZING despite over revving and under revving around on highway. I am not driving anymore til I get it PPF'd and some 45% ceramic tint on it.

I walked out 34.7k OTD. I am going to refinance in a few weeks to navy fed, and get another $200 off and 4.54 interest rate. plan to have it paid off in next 12 months.

tempImageKZ7x6A.png

tempImageKj8pBY.png

tempImageQti9hp.png

tempImageQ7H6Cs.png

tempImagep1cmfH.png

tempImageDdsF0j.png

tempImagefPPN4C.png

tempImageVqSnkr.png

IMG_9122.PNG

tempImagepU7jDZ.png

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, $35k for any new fun car these days is great!
yep! I feel bad tho. I think they cut me this deal, because he said, we are not making any money on this car, we are getting it back from the loan... but he didnt ask me if I had intent to refinance, hell yeah I do. and in order to get $500 discount military, had to use toyota financial, so as soon as I get the info to refinance to navy fed, and I get another 200 dollar refinance bonus, they told me its 4.54 for 36 months, and im going to have it paid off even faster.

however, toyota is 7.2 eeek. but only having it for a month. 1288 + 500 + 200 is my total discounts basically from my finagling.

I was initially really bummed about the audio in my car, I was like... its ok... but after going into the EQ settings, there's a BUNCH of options, and after a few of them selected, the entire sound stage is actually damn amazing. Toss a sub in, and it'll be fricken perfect to me. Good! no money needed for system other than 600 dollar plug/play oem subwoofer im ordering from toyota.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Randomly enough. Motorweek had a review of the new Trueno edition on this week. Really neat car/cars. I donā€™t usually follow the smaller stuff but the performance, speed wise, was actually better then the fox bodys off the floor. And no doubt the brakes are amazing compared to those. Pretty good choice with an 86 especially considering price.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's a great looking car and definitely the best color for it. Glad it all worked out

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It's a great looking car and definitely the best color for it. Glad it all worked out
Yepā€™! I refinanced it today too. I got the Toyota finance because they let me have basically 1300 off car. But 3 days later (today) I just refinanced to 36 months @ 4.54 instead of Toyotas 7.2 @ 60 months.

Navy Fed has the best rates I could find. Seems worth while. I donā€™t know if dealer will find out but bet they wonā€™t be happy if they do.

PNG%20image.jpeg

IMG_9122.png

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll like it. They are fun cars in my opinion.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Congrats! I didnā€™t read all 4 pages but the GR86 is a fun little car. My brother in law has one, bought it brand new from a dealer in Ohio and had it shipped here early 2023. He bought a Borla exhaust for it. It sounds kinda farty but itā€™s not super obnoxious like some of the 4 bangers out there.

Thereā€™s a couple of the blue ones around here also, itā€™s very close to Grabber Blue. Pic is my brother in laws GR, my dadā€™s GT and my GT.

IMG_1870.jpeg

Last edited:

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Maybe Iā€™m the only one who finds the jump a tad odd, but whatever crumbles your cookie!

I will always remember this from my dirt bike daysā€¦itā€™s more fun to run a slow bike at full throttle (cr250) than to run a fast bike at half throttle (cr500)

ā€¦take from that what you will šŸ˜¬

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Maybe Iā€™m the only one who finds the jump a tad odd, but whatever crumbles your cookie!

I will always remember this from my dirt bike daysā€¦itā€™s more fun to run a slow bike at full throttle (cr250) than to run a fast bike at half throttle (cr500)

If you like to turn corners, you would like the GR86. It's not so big and boaty like our Mustangs. The GT350 is pretty buttoned down, but still large and heavy. And the flat 4 is only good because it fits into a small car and gives terrific forward visibility. It doesn't compete with the Voodoo or Coyote for fun or power characteristics.

Definitely a different vibe.

I had to try it, but then again that's my thing is trying different stuff.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I use to really be in to the dirt. Always considered it safer then the street. Had a kx500, cr500, and ktm500, learned on a kx80 when I was young. Ended up with a ktm380sx which was my favorite dirt bike. Two strokes are a whole different animal. We did desert racing and the mountains. I preferred the mountains, less room for errors. That said most of the guys I rode with even guys on 500ā€™s couldnā€™t come close to keepining up even if we were on 250ā€™s. The major downside was none of us really made mistakes, but when it happened it was very bad. One of the fastest guys Iā€™ve ever been around got kicked at over a hundred in a desert race, ended up being paralyzed from the waist down. Another friend caught a rut, threw him 90 degreeā€™s at about sixty in to a utility pole. Full gear, died instantly. We all pretty much walked away at the same time after the last incident. These days, Iā€™ll take a full cage in a sxs. I know you know it doesnā€™t always take a ton of power to have a good time, nor do damage.

Sponsored