Sponsored

Purchased Orange Fury PP2 (Tremor Pack) last Monday - The first PP2 to be purchased!

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Can you take a picture of the bottom of the splitter/belly pan? I am curious if the PP sto n sho license plate bracket will work on the PP2.
I have a Sto and Sho, I'll double check it (my plates are in, but my temp is good for another 6 weeks so I just haven't taken time to check fit). My assumption is it will not work, but will get a pic of how the splitter is mounted. I'm pretty certain it hangs below the surface where that sto&sho mounts. Someone else recommended another no-drill option that sits up a little higher on the front, I'm going to find that and order one of those instead and return this sto n sho. I'll double check it tonight for you and update, but pretty certain it won't work with PP2 splitter.

Maybe they will make a version that can work in the future, but I'm 1/8 to 1/4 inch from scrapping at bottom of my driveway, so I really don't need anything extending under the front lip.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It will not. Sto & Sho places the plate within mm of the GT PP1 splitter.
I know that it probably won't clear the splitter but it's pretty easy to get around that by drilling a second hole a little further back on the plate holder arm for the pin. I want to get an idea of how the splitter is attached to see if the base plate can even be mounted to the belly pan like it does on the PP1.

I have a Sto and Sho, I'll double check it (my plates are in, but my temp is good for another 6 weeks so I just haven't taken time to check fit). My assumption is it will not work, but will get a pic of how the splitter is mounted. I'm pretty certain it hangs below the surface where that sto&sho mounts. Someone else recommended another no-drill option that sits up a little higher on the front, I'm going to find that and order one of those instead and return this sto n sho. I'll double check it tonight for you and update, but pretty certain it won't work with PP2 splitter.

Maybe they will make a version that can work in the future, but I'm 1/8 to 1/4 inch from scrapping at bottom of my driveway, so I really don't need anything extending under the front lip.
Thanks. My 2015 was lowered about 1 inch and I ran the sto n sho without any problems. The PP2 is 1/2 inch lower, add another 1/4-1/2 inch for the lower splitter and it should work out about the same. The other option is Craig's custom bracket or something along those lines. I've looked into it but prefer the sto n sho.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
The PP1 splitter still is mounted in the same place no? So I would think just use that mount point and re-drill for the pin to push the plate out further. Ground clearance will bite you (parking bumper blocks will tear the shit out of it).

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Ok. So the sto n sho looks like it can work (PP1 version) on PP2 with minor modifications. The 1-1/4 spacer is too big, a much shorter one is needed, not sure if you will need to get a different length screw than the one that comes with kit or not, haven’t tried to install yet. Here is a picture of underside of PP2 splitter in the center. The three grouped recessed screws are the center of splitter so the middle one is where this would mount.

I have a little dirt from all the rain we have had in my drive, you can see I rub that dirt so I am close to scrapping as is. Going to double check clearance before mounting but this is probably to low for me, may have to run other option.

ED80B7C7-3168-41AF-9805-FEBD5B4D5E57.png

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The PP1 splitter still is mounted in the same place no? So I would think just use that mount point and re-drill for the pin to push the plate out further. Ground clearance will bite you (parking bumper blocks will tear the shit out of it).
Can't use the PP1 splitter mounting points because the PP2 splitter is blocking them. Yeah the parking lot concrete block are pretty much the only issue I've encountered with my previous car. Would definite rely on the camera and park backwards just for the sake of the PP2 splitter alone.

Ok. So the sto n sho looks like it can work (PP1 version) on PP2 with minor modifications. The 1-1/4 spacer is too big, a much shorter one is needed, not sure if you will need to get a different length screw than the one that comes with kit or not, haven’t tried to install yet. Here is a picture of underside of PP2 splitter in the center. The three grouped recessed screws are the center of splitter so the middle one is where this would mount.

I have a little dirt from all the rain we have had in my drive, you can see I rub that dirt so I am close to scrapping as is. Going to double check clearance before mounting but this is probably to low for me, may have to run other option.

ED80B7C7-3168-41AF-9805-FEBD5B4D5E57.png
Thanks! This is helpful. I think that it could work as well. Either at the one you mentioned or the one in the background after the three grouped ones with the plate being offset towards the passenger side.

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Swapped out the sport cups today for same size 305/30’s all around for some daily driving tires, went with Bridgestone pole position tires, happy with how she drives and handles on the various textured and grooves roads around town. Sport cups are stacked in garage with future plans in mind.

55431048-32F2-4F7B-BA63-16A26C513B35.jpg

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Splitter came in as well. Here’s a quick peak.

D282E185-6CAA-4D9B-BC02-A6372C1BD6F2.jpg
Interesting. This splitter is very similar to the one I ordered, so it gives me more confidence that there will be a realistic aero impact (Ford says their PP2 splitter adds 24 pounds or so of down force I believe at 100-120 mph).

https://zl1addons.com/collections/s...ts/mustang-splitter-ext?variant=2576919265318

The front end lift at speeds <100 mph is noticeable on my car. This should make a significant difference. Love the way Ford made small tweaks most people wouldnt even notice - with the goal of really dialing the car in for those who care. The PP2 and mid cycle refresh really fixes so many of the issues I had to address in the aftermarket.

Not a huge fan of the spoiler, I like the MMD by Foose one more.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-foose-prepainted-rear-spoiler-2015.html#customer_pics-0

Yours is a nice car, very nice color. Have you had a chance to compare the steering ratio with the non Tremor package cars?

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. This splitter is very similar to the one I ordered, so it gives me more confidence that there will be a realistic aero impact (Ford says their PP2 splitter adds 24 pounds or so of down force I believe at 100-120 mph).

https://zl1addons.com/collections/s...ts/mustang-splitter-ext?variant=2576919265318

The front end lift at speeds <100 mph is noticeable on my car. This should make a significant difference. Love the way Ford made small tweaks most people wouldnt even notice - with the goal of really dialing the car in for those who care. The PP2 and mid cycle refresh really fixes so many of the issues I had to address in the aftermarket.

Not a huge fan of the spoiler, I like the MMD by Foose one more.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-foose-prepainted-rear-spoiler-2015.html#customer_pics-0

Yours is a nice car, very nice color. Have you had a chance to compare the steering ratio with the non Tremor package cars?

Thanks! I have not had a chance to compare to non PP2 for steering ratio, maybe next local meet up I can do that. I agree that splitter you link to is very similar.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The front end lift at speeds <100 mph is noticeable on my car. This should make a significant difference.
You should probably be looking more in the direction of a different hood... the 40 lbs or so that the splitter MAY provide at that speed won't be sufficient to reduce front end lift on a 15-17.

Sponsored

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
Swapped out the sport cups today for same size 305/30’s all around for some daily driving tires, went with Bridgestone pole position tires, happy with how she drives and handles on the various textured and grooves roads around town. Sport cups are stacked in garage with future plans in mind.

Looking good. I like the changes on that package.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT

Ford did good with theses wheels. They are beautiful. I’m not an orange guy, but that is a nice orange, especially at that angle. I will say, Ford usually does a good job with colors. Really looking forward to seeing John Deer Green in person.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Great thread and congrats and good luck with the PP2!! That S550 PP2 is really sharp!

I have some questions, if PP2 owner (or others) know the answers:

Rear Spoiler:
1) What is the cost and Ford part # for the PP2 rear spoiler?
2) Will the PP2 rear spoiler “plug-n-play” onto a 2018 Performance Pack if that vehicle has the PP factory rear spoiler (ie: same bolt hole locations)?

Front splitter:
1) What is the cost and Ford part # for the PP2 front splitter?
2) Will the PP2 front splitter bolt to a 2018 Performance Pack nose/belly pan?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know the part #'s but [MENTION=32284]UAmach1[/MENTION] found the parts and the front splitter and rear spoiler are like $550 each from ford parts.

As for installation they both should slap right onto a PP1 car.
The rear spoiler will require drilling if the car does not have have the optional wing.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I have the SO-4 pole position Bridgestone's on my GT and the lateral grip is fine, how is your forward grip, you have a wider tire, mine are 255/45/18's. I paid $195.00 a tire.
Sponsored