Sponsored

Puddle under Drivers seat

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I go out to clean the car and put the cover on it for the upcoming winter weather and I notice water beads on the inside of the windshield. Which I found very odd, so as I open the door I see that there is a good 1 or more of standing water under the drivers side seat..................WTF!! you have got to be kidding.
leak-2.jpg
Leak -1.jpg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How’s the window seal?

Have you tried to replicate the leak by sitting in the car and having someone run a hose over the roof?

OP
OP

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
How’s the window seal?

Have you tried to replicate the leak by sitting in the car and having someone run a hose over the roof?
Considering the car only has 3025 miles on it, I would think the seals are good. We 're expecting rain tomorrow so I will get in to see if I can tell where its coming from... I have an appt. With the dealer on Wednesday.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sure the seals should be good with such low miles - but what I meant is this:

Check the drivers side window seal where it meets the top roof line, as well as where it meets the B-pillar at the top corner. This would be the area where the glass would seal over the rubber at the top corner.

On my prior 2016, the entire driver side seal from corner of door mirror up and over to B-pillar) had to be replaced because it was deformed. When the widow was up, that top corner by the roof at B-pillar was deformed or wrinkled, it would not sit flush and it was not properly contoured to the corner. Even when I tried to fix it and push it back into place, it would pop out. Compare the rubber seal on passenger side and see if it looks the same as the driver side. Ford replaced the driver side seal on my prior 2016 under warranty. It never leaked but I suppose it would have eventually as the rubber deteriorated over time.

Also check the following:

1) When you close your driver door make sure that the window is closing all the way up; it should be tucked evenly just under the black outer roof trim and pretty flush against that window seal.

2) Service Center would need to make sure that the rear 1/4 glass on that side was properly sealed from the factory. If the seal is bad, water leaks from behind the interior plastics and accumulates on floor or under rear seat cushion. The only way to check for diagnosis and testing is they would have to remove the interior plastics on that side. This has been an area prone for water leaks; window would get replaced under warranty.

3) Check the roof for any separations or pinholes in the seam that runs from the windshield to the rear glass. It has been found that on some models if any pinholes exist, water can leak into the car.

4) Very rare instance, but rear glass could leak at seal and again water would run down behind the rear interior plastics. I’ve yet to see anyone with a 2015-2019 getting the back glass replaced for water leaks, but since it’s installed with urethane sealant, it would be an uncommon possibility.

OP
OP

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thank you for the reply with all the possible......I'm going look at some things but I don't want to go and start touching things......car is still under the factory warranty.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Has this car had the door lock recall done? If so, the window needs to come out, and if it's not reinstalled right it may not seal well.