Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Hey guys.
A while back I found a thread about the puddle lights to be on all the time. For the life of me, I can't find it now, regardless of the search words I use.

In any case, I want to make a switch to turn the puddle lights on/off at my own discretion. Sometimes, me and my buddies stroll around town and it'd be fun to have them lighting up, for show. I know it's a bit ricey to have them on at all times, that's why the switch.
So do the lamps have place of theirs in the fuse box? I was thinking of connecting a switch between the lamps and let's say the windows fuse that has power when the car is on. When I feel like it, just press the on button and bam lights. This is just a general overview, I have to get more in depth about voltage, amps and stuff, before I fry the car... like I fried the 5V dash cam that I wired directly to the fuse like a total retard because I didn't read the output voltage...

Other questions:
The seatbelt. It's killing me... If I don't use the strap from the seat, it "cuts" my neck. If I do use it, it applies too much pressure on my shoulder and after 3-4 hours of driving, it's starting to hurt a lot.... Last road trip I used some winter gloves to soften the pressure...

The foot rest. I wear 46(11 US or smth) and that clutch foot rest is like half of my foot. If I keep the leg there for a long period of time, the upper part(the cushion) starts to hurt because it doesn't rest on the foot rest.

There are some more complaints, but I can't remember them now. Most of them are ergonomically wise and driving position... Maybe I'm not made for this car, though I'd hate that if that's the case...

Thx for the help.
Regards,
Stefan.
Sponsored

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
OP
OP
Lsstefan

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks man. I'll def try the seat belt extender.

gt_stang

S550.GURU
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550.guru
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Ooold thread, but today I managed to do exactly this puddle lamp switch thing:

[ame]

:)

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Ooold thread, but today I managed to do exactly this puddle lamp switch thing:

:)
Good job! Can you be more specific on the wiring. In particular which wire activates the Puddle Lamps. Thanks!

Sponsored

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I hope I see you guys driving around with your Pony Projector lights so I can get a pic and shame you on IG

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I just want mine to never turn on. What is the trick for that? Other than electrical tape over the light.

Sponsored

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Puddle Lamps are pin 26 of connector C2280C (J3) of body control module (passenger kick).
Thank you, I will look for it. Do I apply 12 V to turn them on?

kg2194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kris
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt PP1
Vehicle Showcase
SEAT BELT CHIME DISABLE IS EASY!!!
I will write this from memory but they say it's in the owner's manual as well.
get into car and close door. push the start stop button but don't start car. on the dash you will see a red seatbelt light on. it will turn off after about a minute. when it turns off buckle and unbluckle seatbelt 3x. the seatbelt light will come back on, when it does buckle and unbuckle once more and the light will then turn off. that is it you're done. I just did it on my 21 gt. the post i got it from was for a 2015. Also you have to do the same thing in the passenger seat as well if you want the passenger side disabled as well.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Puddle lights suck. If you can change everything inside the car to change color by a code that you type in it should change all lights. Lame by Ford and I don’t give a shit about them.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Puddle lights suck. If you can change everything inside the car to change color by a code that you type in it should change all lights. Lame by Ford and I don’t give a shit about them.
You could easily just disconnect them on the mirrors like in two seconds.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
You could easily just disconnect them on the mirrors like in two seconds.
My post was actually poorly worded. I love the puddle lights but I don’t like that they are just white. You would think that with everything they’ve done to put those color codes in there you would be able to change the puddle lights along with them. That’s the part that I didn’t like.
Sponsored