zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I thought the auto clusters had a physical PRNDS light. Still trying to put it all together in my head. I might be wrong.
For analog clusters that is true but LCD clusters are fully digital. Should be no difference hardware wise between auto or manual.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered about everything needed for an 80mm TB conversion. I think I am going to hold off on an actual tune right now until I get the FI build going. Does not make much sense to spend $100 for an NA tune and then another $600 for an FI tune. I will just skip straight to the FI tune.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on who you go with, I don't know how good his tunes are, but Auto Mafia has a $600 tunes for life program now...includes FI but no experience with a roots SC on our cars obviously! The trans tuning from MPT really wakes the car up though so I think it's a worthwhile $100.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yea that is the thing I am trying to decide on.... I am thinking about sticking with MPT since I was pretty pleased with their tunes before and they have the most experience I think with FI 3.7s. The final decision will come down to if the FI build is happening soon or if it will be awhile.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
For analog clusters that is true but LCD clusters are fully digital. Should be no difference hardware wise between auto or manual.
Completely forgot about that. It was late and I as tired when I posted that. Thanks.

Sponsored

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
wow back at it again! you always amaze the community with such hard and awesome work! I have two questions for you 1. When you swapped the sync system do the toggle switches work? 2. How did you get a different background for sync?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
wow back at it again! you always amaze the community with such hard and awesome work! I have two questions for you 1. When you swapped the sync system do the toggle switches work? 2. How did you get a different background for sync?
All the switches work once you do the Forscan programming, check this thread for everything. For the background, looks like the GT theme if I'm not mistaken. Also Forscan programming. Zack, for that one you have to run the GT theme and startup screen right? If it weren't for needing the startup screen too, I might try it.

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the switches work once you do the Forscan programming, check this thread for everything. For the background, looks like the GT theme if I'm not mistaken. Also Forscan programming. Zack, for that one you have to run the GT theme and startup screen right? If it weren't for needing the startup screen too, I might try it.
Really? Just programming and the drive mode switch works and actually does something?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'll let Zack answer that one for certain, but I think it would change the layout like it does on a regular 401A car.

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll let Zack answer that one for certain, but I think it would change the layout like it does on a regular 401A car.
read the entire digital swap thread and seemed like it worked but wasnt explicitly mentioned. Really was curious about the toggles tho since that was such a cool feature of the premiums

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Sorry guys! Just seeing these posts (M6G did not alert me to them)

@magnetticmadness

All toggle switches do work after programming including drive modes! The digital cluster functions exactly as intended from the factory. This includes theme changes with drive modes and mymode. I even get drag mode that was exclusive for the 18s (not sure if it actually does anything different then sport mode but it does not throw an error either). Sync 3 and the cluster even talk to each other to provide song title info and control of the audio system from the cluster.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Well.... Purchased a used BDX for $225. Looks like I might be tuning it a little sooner than I thought. Haha

M90 Supercharger idea is running into the issue of hood clearance. The supercharger itself is just too large to clear the stock hood even with lowering the engine and a smaller M62 is just not enough to feed the 3.7. Adding a new hood to clear the M90 would blow the cost savings of the supercharger. So with all that said, my options have opened up again to supercharger or turbos. Trying to investigate different twin turbo setups and locations as opposed to the stock 3.5 turbo swap.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Small mod but does give a bit more induction noise. Next up would be replacing the top lid with a GT lid (larger diameter outlet) and induction tube with a custom tube. Basically a poor man's inclosed CAI. Air filter has been replaced with an AFE Pro Dry filter.

IMG_20190105_144725.jpg

IMG_20190105_144733.jpg
Sponsored