Sponsored

Production numbers

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Rumor was that a 5 year run was approved. I still can't say for certain how many 5.2 V8's they can hand build a year. 5000-6000 was achieved in the GT500's 5.4 and 5.8, I would begin to question Quality Control issues after 10,000 a year.

They need at least 500 GT350R's while the Boss Laguna Seca was a 750 car run for two year. 500 is needed for CTSC Homologation... So, I think:

GT350's (including TP) = 4000-6000 a year. If they make and sell more, it will begin to rival ZL1 sales. The ZL1 sells very well annually... I also think we will see 500-750 GT350R's annually as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DIzings2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Cool, thank you!

My wish is to be able to walk into a dealer, order the exact gt350 I want, pay msrp if need be, and wait. No bs. I'm assuming it will be summer 2016 when I can do that and not worry about the car getting sold out from under me or something.

Stig'sBaldBrother

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 White/blue, track
Cool, thank you!

My wish is to be able to walk into a dealer, order the exact gt350 I want, pay msrp if need be, and wait. No bs. I'm assuming it will be summer 2016 when I can do that and not worry about the car getting sold out from under me or something.
This is exactly what I want to do. Contacted 12 dealerships in the central Florida area so far and the best price I got was $10k over.

The search continues...

sticker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
According to the dealer I've talked to, they expect to get an ADM on every GT350. I don't know if they are correct or not. They said they sold all their Boss 302s with ADMs. However, they did say they wanted to charge an ADM on the LE 2015s and quickly found out they couldn't. So I wouldn't be surprised if some or many dealers ask for an ADM through the entire production of GT350. Whether they get the ADM is up to the individual buyers.
It would serve the dealers interests to create the perception of these cars being hard to come by. This will most certainly not be the case. It never has been with any SE Mustang. Why would this one be any different? This car is also a huge retreat in the HP department which does not add to the interest level. Sure, the road course fanatics will be all over this one and how many Mustang guys fir into that niche. Not many.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It would serve the dealers interests to create the perception of these cars being hard to come by. This will most certainly not be the case. It never has been with any SE Mustang. Why would this one be any different? This car is also a huge retreat in the HP department which does not add to the interest level. Sure, the road course fanatics will be all over this one and how many Mustang guys fir into that niche. Not many.
I hope you are right.

Sponsored

MatthewAMEL

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
The reason this situation is different is because the vehicle is completely different, from concept to reality. It is not just a Mustang stuffed with a big engine or finished with add-on body parts. It's a totally new, balanced package unlike anything currently for sale, and the marketplace has noticed. I can only imagine what will happen to demand once the positive magazine and website reviews hit in September or October (assuming there's an embargo to let all the media hit at once). How long will the insanity last? At least through the 2016 model year.

adrift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes Benz GLK
Still, as the year goes on and the orders come into Ford - high demand will sell out initial production estimates and create an opportunity in late '16 or '17 for Ford to over-produce ("ramping" production probably is too strong a term).

All within supplier constraints, of course, but Ford won't want to leave any money on the table, either.
Sponsored