Sponsored

Procharger squeak sound PLEASE HELP!!!

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
My ProCharger recently started making a very loud squeaking sound sent head unit into ProCharger to be replaced they told me head unit was perfectly fine inspected my entire unit and everything even put on Old pulley and it's still makes this annoying sound there are another few cars in my area with the same issue didn't arrive until after a few thousand miles someone please help if this has been an issue before
Sponsored

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
A few questions?

Did you run this without the blower belt to rule out any factory accessory making the noise?

You spun both the PC idlers for a bad bearing?

You put oil in the Blower? LOL!

If all above are good. Send Procharger video and ask for UPS Return shipping label.

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
A few questions?

Did you run this without the blower belt to rule out any factory accessory making the noise?

You spun both the PC idlers for a bad bearing?

You put oil in the Blower? LOL!

If all above are good. Send Procharger video and ask for UPS Return shipping label.

Yep did all of that. Already sent blower into them.... Just got it back Friday.... This is getting ridiculous

Yep did all of that. Already sent blower into them.... Just got it back Friday.... This is getting ridiculous

GHOSTRACER

Midlife Crisis......Again
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Idler pulley. Been there, done that.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Think its a easy fix for you.
Two comments

1) The drive pulley on the head unit has a short shoulder and a long shoulder. Make sure you have the long shoulder against the head unit. This spaces the pulley out further for alignment.

2) Next make sure you installed the spacer (looks like a big washer) between the drive pulley and head unit. If you are now asking yourself what spacer...this is your problem.

The kit should have came with a spacer (looks like a big washer) that goes on the output shaft of the blower first then you slide the pulley up next to it...this gives some finite spacing that is needed on some cars. The manual doesn't mention it. Procharger told me about it. The spacer is .130" thick and and center hole is the shaft size....i think 3/4" but not sure. What I did was go to local farm implement store and found a washer with the right hole size but was only .112" thick...99 cents. Went home and installed it...all noise gone. Been running this way for 7k miles.
I spent damn near $800 on this fix...replaced idler pulleys, alternator and this was the culprit. Not all that uncommon to Procharger. The tech line guys were no help on this...Procharger Tech on here was.
IMG954218.jpg

Sponsored

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
Two comments

1) The drive pulley on the head unit has a short shoulder and a long shoulder. Make sure you have the long shoulder against the head unit. This spaces the pulley out further for alignment.

2) Next make sure you installed the spacer (looks like a big washer) between the drive pulley and head unit. If you are now asking yourself what spacer...this is your problem.

The kit should have came with a spacer (looks like a big washer) that goes on the output shaft of the blower first then you slide the pulley up next to it...this gives some finite spacing that is needed on some cars. The manual doesn't mention it. Procharger told me about it. The spacer is .130" thick and and center hole is the shaft size....i think 3/4" but not sure. What I did was go to local farm implement store and found a washer with the right hole size but was only .112" thick...99 cents. Went home and installed it...all noise gone. Been running this way for 7k miles.
I spent damn near $800 on this fix...replaced idler pulleys, alternator and this was the culprit. Not all that uncommon to Procharger. The tech line guys were no help on this...Procharger Tech on here was.
FYI,

He has a StgII with dedicated drive. That spacer will throw his belt alignment all out of wack.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
Two comments

When you say long shoulder against head what do you mean ??? If it's really that simple than I'll be so damn happy... And it's fun y you are correct I don't have a spacer to go in between the pulley ... I just put that rectangle bit in and slide it on

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
When you say long shoulder against head what do you mean ??? If it's really that simple than I'll be so damn happy... And it's fun y you are correct I don't have a spacer to go in between the pulley ... I just put that rectangle bit in and slide it on
I have HO kit..the drive pulleys with it have a long shoulder and short shoulder side to them...not much, but there is a difference. As Z06 mentioned he had the same issue and required a spacer...he has stage2....mine needed one with the HO. In both cases it took care of the chirp, whine,squeal.

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
Last edited:

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
So mine does have the spacer on it didn't know it was a spacer until it moved ...still can't figure out what would be making this sound

Last edited:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
So mine does have the soccer on it didn't know it was a spacer until it moved ...still can't figure out what would be making this sound
First is a belt change. Second would be to change a bearing.

VX bearings have all of the bearings for these pulleys. Pulley with bearings from PC is 100.00.

Bearings alone from VX is 15.00.

OP
OP
Deadmau5

Deadmau5

Procharger p1 stage 2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
First is a belt change. Second would be to change a bearing.

VX bearings have all of the bearings for these pulleys. Pulley with bearings from PC is 100.00.

Bearings alone from VX is 15.00.
So I changed the belt twice to no avail . And which pulley should I check the bearings on ? I believe my kit is still under warranty. Won't they cover the pulley
Sponsored