ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
No that is a custom belt made for us. You can take some emery cloth and sand the rough edges on the belt. You will sometimes find burs or edges on the belt if something was off when everything was over torqued. The noise is the edge of the belt touching a guard, usually the water pump. This is normally a damaged section of the belt. So remove belt and run fingers around edges and see if you feel any wire or Kevlar on the edges. If not we can get you another belt Monday.
i removed the belt and you were right, there was a lot of damaged areas. i cleaned it up best i could. the noise as gone again. i not comfortable with the belt being the way it is. what would it cost for another belt?

Rich
619-410-1926
Sponsored

rakin.it.in

Stallion Kings
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Thanks to this Forum and the great support through Whipple, I was able to eliminate the squealing. Similar to others, the noise started instantly after starting the car and would continue until the car warmed up. I reached out to Whipple on a few occasions and obtained the following parts: Gates belt, two idler pulleys and tensioner pulley.

First Attempt
- Removed intake boot and moved the radiator reservoir.
- Removed the belt, two top idler pulleys (slight wear on the pulley) and inspected all other pulleys, Noted that tensioner felt loose
- All pulleys were over torqued
- Flipped belt, installed idler pulleys, re-torqued pulleys per manual instructions and buttoned up
- Started the car and squeak was still there but lessened

Second Attempt
- Received tensioner from Whipple
- Removed intake boot, moved radiator reservoir, removed belt and tensioner pulley on passenger side
- Noticed tensioner was installed backwards and put on too tight
- Installed new belt, tensioner, torqued supercharger pulley and checked all other pulleys
- Buttoned up and no SQUEAKS!!! Going 7 days strong

For those still suffering from this, I highly recommend you check the torque on all pulleys including supercharger pulley and inspect the belt as I believe these two were the primary reasons for squeaking. Its best to replace the belt

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks to this Forum and the great support through Whipple, I was able to eliminate the squealing. Similar to others, the noise started instantly after starting the car and would continue until the car warmed up. I reached out to Whipple on a few occasions and obtained the following parts: Gates belt, two idler pulleys and tensioner pulley.

First Attempt
- Removed intake boot and moved the radiator reservoir.
- Removed the belt, two top idler pulleys (slight wear on the pulley) and inspected all other pulleys, Noted that tensioner felt loose
- All pulleys were over torqued
- Flipped belt, installed idler pulleys, re-torqued pulleys per manual instructions and buttoned up
- Started the car and squeak was still there but lessened

Second Attempt
- Received tensioner from Whipple
- Removed intake boot, moved radiator reservoir, removed belt and tensioner pulley on passenger side
- Noticed tensioner was installed backwards and put on too tight
- Installed new belt, tensioner, torqued supercharger pulley and checked all other pulleys
- Buttoned up and no SQUEAKS!!! Going 7 days strong

For those still suffering from this, I highly recommend you check the torque on all pulleys including supercharger pulley and inspect the belt as I believe these two were the primary reasons for squeaking. Its best to replace the belt
Who did your instal?

rakin.it.in

Stallion Kings
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Who did your instal?
A local ASE certified shop near my work place here in San Ramon, Ca. I resolved the squeaks myself as I didn't want to waste time to take it back to the shop.
Sponsored