Sponsored

Procharger red race valve

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I used 1/4" vacuum line on my Tial Q BOV. Just the cheap Autozone rubber stuff. WOW is that Procharger valve HUGE! I still haven't installed my GT350 pipe. Still waiting on 1/8" NPT bungs to show up. I was hoping I could remove the MAF from the intercooler without removing the nose again, but from these pictures i'm thinking I'm going to have to remove the damned thing.....again! UGG!
Sponsored

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Glad to see the install being ridiculous was not just me. Exact same issue with the #444 tube. What size vacuum hose fitting did you use Chris?
Honestly I dont know...took the valve into a Napa store and the guy came back with it.

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I used 1/4" vacuum line on my Tial Q BOV. Just the cheap Autozone rubber stuff. WOW is that Procharger valve HUGE! I still haven't installed my GT350 pipe. Still waiting on 1/8" NPT bungs to show up. I was hoping I could remove the MAF from the intercooler without removing the nose again, but from these pictures i'm thinking I'm going to have to remove the damned thing.....again! UGG!
The only thing I questioned myself on was the block-off plate for the maf in IC. It just didnt seem to be a tight fit. I took it off and on three times to see if I was doing something wrong...but I wasnt.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Wonder why there recommended the recirculating version?

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm late to the game, I am upgrading to big red race valve open with the #444 tubing now. I went out to quickly swap it and noticed what a pain it was going to be so hopped on here to see how people did it. This is helpful but its still going to be a pain. Did anyone have to trim the rubber tubing on the outlet of the procharger before the 444 tube? I am thinking i will need to trim it down and try to turn it some to work. If @whatsup62 was able to fit the race closed version on there is should be able to get the open since it seems smaller.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to change mine to the big red race valve from the Procharger Bullet one and my car would not idle properly. Talked to both Lund and AED and they both stated it should not be the tune. Good luck.
And Procharger stated to get the GT350 tube to move the mass air meter. Another $350 dollars. I ended up putting the black bullet one back in.

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Dang, I h
I tried to change mine to the big red race valve from the Procharger Bullet one and my car would not idle properly. Talked to both Lund and AED and they both stated it should not be the tune. Good luck.
And Procharger stated to get the GT350 tube to move the mass air meter. Another $350 dollars. I ended up putting the black bullet one back in.
Dang, I hope that is not the case with mine. I feel like the big red shouldnt change that much to the set up.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Red valve is a tight fit with both old and new 444 tube versions. Trimming on rubber elbow at blower outlet may be necessary as you mentioned.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
It fits. I did have to trim a bit of the plastic in front of the drivers side radiator bracket, but otherwise it will go in there with some patience.
BOV (1).jpg
BOV (2).jpg
BOV (3).jpg
BOV (4).jpg
BOV (5).jpg
BOV (6).jpg

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It fits. I did have to trim a bit of the plastic in front of the drivers side radiator bracket, but otherwise it will go in there with some patience.
BOV (1).jpg
BOV (2).jpg
BOV (3).jpg
BOV (4).jpg
BOV (5).jpg
BOV (6).jpg
Thanks for the pics, it is encouraging knowing it can be done but it is working me over. I have it kinda close to fitting but no luck. I will give it another try tomorrow. I already trimmed the plastic you are referring to, that did help. Just can’t get the piping to line up with the intercooler.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pics, it is encouraging knowing it can be done but it is working me over. I have it kinda close to fitting but no luck. I will give it another try tomorrow. I already trimmed the plastic you are referring to, that did help. Just can’t get the piping to line up with the intercooler.
Part of the issue you may be running into, is that the blower outlet tube needs a lot of trimming to get it to fit. remove all the bolts holding the blower to the bracket, except for the one furthest towards the drivers side so that you can rotate the blower up and down to meet the rubber outlet tube. Install the intercooler end first with the BOV attached, then bring the blower down to meet the other end. The PC outlet tube kinda sucks. Someone on here invented a much better one... oh wait, that was me. :sunglasses:

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Part of the issue you may be running into, is that the blower outlet tube needs a lot of trimming to get it to fit. remove all the bolts holding the blower to the bracket, except for the one furthest towards the drivers side so that you can rotate the blower up and down to meet the rubber outlet tube. Install the intercooler end first with the BOV attached, then bring the blower down to meet the other end. The PC outlet tube kinda sucks. Someone on here invented a much better one... oh wait, that was me. :sunglasses:
Haha I was admiring your outlet piping. Much better than mine. Thanks for the tips. I was going from the other direction. Outlet piping first trying to get it into the intercooler without much success. I have already trimmed the outlet piping back some but I’m thinking I may need to trim it a bit more.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Haha I was admiring your outlet piping. Much better than mine. Thanks for the tips. I was going from the other direction. Outlet piping first trying to get it into the intercooler without much success. I have already trimmed the outlet piping back some but I’m thinking I may need to trim it a bit more.
So here is what you're dealing with. The PC rubber tube really isn't the right shape to make a smooth transition to the hard pipe leading into the intercooler. You need to chop off pretty much all of it, except for enough to clear the lip on the blower and a solid contact point for the hose clamp.
pc outlet.jpg
Sponsored