Sponsored

Procharger MAF Location?

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Has Procharger offered a provision in their GT kits like they do for their GT350 kits, which relocates the MAF from the intercooler into a straight MAF tube? Or is this still DIY?
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
New kits come with MAF in charge tube. I just ordered mine direct from PC, It comes with block-off plate for IC also.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Did they say why they changed the new kits to intake tube?And when u say new kits when.did this start?I thought the 18's still had the maf in the intercooler.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Did they say why they changed the new kits to intake tube?And when u say new kits when.did this start?I thought the 18's still had the maf in the intercooler.
Dont know for sure. When I called them to order my pipe I asked if it was something they had in stock and he commented yeah no problem, all the new kits are coming that way anyway...so when not for sure.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
@Chris Barnes had heard tuners prefer them in the pipe vs IC. When I called PC, that's verbatim why they said they are changing design.

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Hmm I wonder if I should update mine. Car runs fine in the current location. Anyone have a picture of the pipe?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the maf signal is better with the maf in the tube, thats why the change, less surging / better drivability, any of the new kits we order come that way

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
the maf signal is better with the maf in the tube, thats why the change, less surging / better drivability, any of the new kits we order come that way
Shoot me a quote to change to this new tube. I get some low load surge and it's 100% dirty maf signal.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Shoot me a quote to change to this new tube. I get some low load surge and it's 100% dirty maf signal.
You should have no surge issues...

Do you have a race valve?
Where is the bypass valve located?

send me a PM sir!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
You should have no surge issues...

Do you have a race valve?
Where is the bypass valve located?

send me a PM sir!
pro-flo on the stock pipe drivers side tube. Lund and I have crunched over and revised a few times and it helped clean it up, but still not great. Low load cruising under 2,000 the fuel trims get pretty squirrely. You can see the maf readings dancing around like they want it to rain.

Just to clarify it's not like bucking surging some guys experience, just rpm surging up and down a little with the fueling jumping around.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've posted it elsewhere too but I would advise anyone to ask your tuner first before making the swap. Mine specifically said to keep the MAF in the IC for better driveability.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
yeah i have tial 50 mm bov ,no surge issues no idle issues car runs perfect in every condition. My maf location is still in the intercooler..

https://ibb.co/Gd1xJ4f

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hmmm. Interesting. Why some have issues and others don't? When I switched to lund because I changed a few things, lockout intake, headers, etc. after running stock procharger tune (which ran fine) it literally took me iirc maybe 5 or 6 pulls and the tune was dialed. My car drives better than stock. Extremely smooth. Guess I should leave it in the IC.

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Is this true? Kit I just got from you guys has MAF in IC using an extension.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I've posted it elsewhere too but I would advise anyone to ask your tuner first before making the swap. Mine specifically said to keep the MAF in the IC for better driveability.
Correct, as long as the Bypass Valve isn't changed. The intercooler MAF is fine. We only changed to the "Tube MAF" for two reasons on the Stage 2 kits.

1) Because everyone kept swapping bypass valves, and not adjusting tunes accordingly.
2) Because it made it easier to have 1 MAF curve for STG2 GTs and GT350's.

Is this true? Kit I just got from you guys has MAF in IC using an extension.
You got an HO kit, with an HO intercooler. So that's why. Only STG2 systems were changed.

NOTE: Make SURE you have the intercooler facing the correct way, or it won't run!
Sponsored