Sponsored

Problem driving at night...

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Took my new Mustang out to the country last weekend to visit family and while driving at night several people flashed their high beams at me...indicating that my brights were on...but they were not. I did notice that my low beams seem to shine pretty far down the road. Any body else think that their lights might be aimed to high from the factory?
Sponsored

magnetic5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vadim
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This used to happen to me in my old cars when I went to visit my mother and her x-husband in the sticks. People there seem to drive the same old car for decades and dont realize that technology has moved on and left the incandescent light bulb in the dust. They would flash their dim high beams at me, so of-course I would flash back :D Happened when my cars were bone stock and modded with adjusted headlights.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
When I got my first S2000 in 1999 it was one of the first cars with HID and people absolutely freaked out about the lights. The suspension was stiff so they bounced up a lot. All the cars in front of me would pull over thinking I was actually a cop with lights on.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It tells where the headlights should be adjusted in the owner's manual in the "Maintenance" section (around page 225 or so).

Mine seem fine from the factory, never get anyone flashing their high beams and they seem to light up the road pretty well. I get more people flashing me from behind when I put on the brake lights!

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31596

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I just noticed tonight that my lights seem to be lighting up the road, like facing down and not really lighting up as well. I do a lot go highway driving and on the cement wall barriers i can see the light angle going down. Is it supposed to be like that?

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I get brights flashed at me all the time. I usually flash back and they stop flashing their brights but I sometimes get that dick that decides to leave his brights on even after I showed them my brights aren't on. Makes me want to follow them and force their eyes open and hold their face up to the headlights.

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Ever since I put 13-14 headlights on my 2012, I get highbeamed all the time lol

XDMan

El Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium With 50th Anniversary Pack
I get brights flashed at me all the time. I usually flash back and they stop flashing their brights but I sometimes get that dick that decides to leave his brights on even after I showed them my brights aren't on. Makes me want to follow them and force their eyes open and hold their face up to the headlights.
I guess it's all about perspective and which end of the douche you are at. The other guy probably thinks you're a dick and should get your lights adjusted...you obviously know they're aimed wrong. :doh:

Sponsored

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
People flash their brights at me all the time, I just do it back

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I haven't had it in the Mustang yet but one of the guys that works for me said one looks way brighter when I'm coming straight at him. My truck is a different story... After lifting the front to top perch "Raptors have 3 settings from the factory" I never re aimed my lights and I blind everyone. Guess I need to stop being an ass hole and adjust them. I did pull up behind a jeep last night that had his windows out with 2 dogs in the back at a light and I turned my lights off for the pups. He waved to me to thank me...

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i don't like those super bright blue looking lights, i think xenon? always blinding me!

but i never been high beamed at either

and when i pull up behind a car they are never that high up, does sounds like some adjusting is needed

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine were set too high from the factory. I got flashed three separate times on my drive home after the purchase. I adjusted them and no more issues. More strength of the lights is now where I want it as well. On my 2012 they were set low.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Makes me want to follow them and force their eyes open and hold their face up to the headlights.
Holding their face up to the taillights would actually be the worst punishment ! lol
Sponsored