stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
being in Hawaii probably didn’t help! Still a good price though
Overall, a steal but it's no surprise the price was low. On an island, roll cage, not original owner, hard to get inspected, not original tires (subjective)..
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
No need to be snippy. That sale on BAT was hurt by the changes the owner made to the car. It was also missing the factory wheels and selling in January always has a depressed price. It is what it is. That’s a nice car, mine was rapid red. Beautiful color. It’s missing the painted roof, handling pack, and recaro’s compared to my old one. That’s a good price for that car though. Little over 68 with there bs fee’s. If that car was out west it would have already been sold.
I love it. Same story over the years. Buyers tell the sellers how little the car is worth until they own it...then they say how much it's worth. It's the process. I just love seeing people get angry about it and trying to convince everyone how cheap the cars should be..when they don't own one yet. 100% of the time, all the time.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
My bad, no worries on that. The Heritage 350’s kind of stand on there own for the most part. One thing is for sure though, the cars that are stock bring the most money. There’s no doubt that the 350 and 500 buyers can be a fickle bunch.

No intent to be snippy. I really meant it when I said "good for you". Who doesn't like money? And I'm not counting other people's. Had you been able to sell it for 100k, I would be happy for you.

Agree that prices out west are higher. Yeah the BAT one had different wheels but would have been an easy swap back to original ones and probably would have come out on top. Thought the other mod was just the different shift knob, which could also be easily reversed to the original. Maybe I missed some of the other mods.

Lots of different factors going into all of this. Time of the year, demand, location, economy etc. etc. I also see quite a few that dealers seem to have purchased in the fall of '22, probably for top dollar, so they have been sitting through the winter. Spring/summer usually gets these sold, too. However, nobody can predict precisely where these will go in value. The world has been on a rollercoaster ride the past 3 years with no end in sight.

One of the few consistencies with modern era Shelbys has been that they hold their value better than the other "specialty" Mustangs, i.e. Boss 302, Bullitt, Mach 1. I wish I could have them all :)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I regret not paying attention to that site. That was a great buy. I would have had my buddy that works for the airline pick up a trip to Hawaii to go look at it. Shipping isn’t bad at all.

Overall, a steal but it's no surprise the price was low. On an island, roll cage, not original owner, hard to get inspected, not original tires (subjective)..

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I regret not paying attention to that site. That was a great buy. I would have had my buddy that works for the airline pick up a trip to Hawaii to go look at it. Shipping isn’t bad at all.
Yeah, still can't believe it went for that price. Seems like something went wrong. Maybe seller "forgot" to put reserve on it?

Sponsored

CorralesR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R HR067
I agree. I actually had it on my watch list but forgot about it until the end. I was certain it wasnt going to meet reserve. Still can't believe the seller would accept such a low reserve. He had to have lost 10 to 15k on it. That was a fire sale price.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Na just going to stick with some of the older projects I already have.
Rather have money on the bank right now when things go south.
This is my thinking, as well. Also have an '80 Trans Am I'm rebuilding. Having some extra funds for that will be nice.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
Understandable. Still got your '69 Mach 1?
Yeah building a 488 aluminum fe with injection and the same tranny that was in the 350, plus plenty of handling extras. All returnable to stock with a bit of work if needed.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The seats look ok. But the wheels are missing along with the seat delete.
I think the seats go well with the rest of the interior. But if it were me buying it, I agree with you, I’d want the rear seat delete to come with it. And the wheels are a must with the R IMO.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I think the seats go well with the rest of the interior. But if it were me buying it, I agree with you, I’d want the rear seat delete to come with it. And the wheels are a must with the R IMO.
So the ones in the pics are not the CF wheels? Ok, add that, the rear seat delete and you get more towards $80k. The fact that it is a base and has a decent amount of miles, I’d say it is priced right.
Sponsored