wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I’m right there with you. Mine has 390 miles. I don’t think it’s far off from that in reality. There were three bidders going at it.
I wouldn't. Use your 350. Buy some eBay fixer upper cf wheels on eBay, a wing and splitter. Close enough for practical purposes.

For the same reason, my base R will not see the track either.
lol…get a room you two, before those of us that only have one Shelby puke on our floor mats 🙃

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
lol…get a room you two, before those of us that only have one Shelby puke on our floor mats 🙃
Ha! A room? Whats that got to do with enjoying these exceptional cars. In fact, I took the grey R out today. Probably the best color option for all the MYs.

If I had an HEP, and seeing what they are going for, I wouldn't mess with it too much either. Albeit the price is hyper inflated right now, but it still goes to show that there is enough hype out there where those kind of numbers are being attained. I dont get it, but I'll say that if I had one, I'd protect the value.

Case in point, as we approached a merge today, an aggressive driver swirved close in towards me (as close as 6" or so) to try to cut me off. Let's just say the guy hit me? I had a similar thing happen in my yellow R. Some nut actually tried to side swipe me. Thankfully my reaction was timely and she missed. I called the cops.

Imagine driving along in your $170k HEP. Imagine not being so lucky. That would suck.

I drive my cars. But I certainly can understand someone being very careful with a car that is going up in value (for whatever reason). If I was him, I would do exactly what I recommended, drive the plain Jane dime a dozen 350 and save the R for a very special occasion.

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's hilarious watching the comments, "it's a bargain!" at $150k+, trying to hype/inflate the price. And from quite a few members on here.

These inflated prices make people who own one feel guilty to put miles on it.
Totally agree. Seems a little douchey - I feel a little dirty reading it.

Sponsored

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Last edited:

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
My 2020 gets driven as well. It's unfortunate though that these inflated prices are also bringing a phobia to some to actually drive these cars.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
My 2020 hasn't seen 1,000 miles yet but I didn't buy it until 1 year ago this week. Plus I rode my motorcycles 17,000 miles last summer. Hopefully the car gets more attention this upcoming summer. 🙂

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Ha! A room? Whats that got to do with enjoying these exceptional cars. In fact, I took the grey R out today. Probably the best color option for all the MYs.

If I had an HEP, and seeing what they are going for, I wouldn't mess with it too much either. Albeit the price is hyper inflated right now, but it still goes to show that there is enough hype out there where those kind of numbers are being attained. I dont get it, but I'll say that if I had one, I'd protect the value.

Case in point, as we approached a merge today, an aggressive driver swirved close in towards me (as close as 6" or so) to try to cut me off. Let's just say the guy hit me? I had a similar thing happen in my yellow R. Some nut actually tried to side swipe me. Thankfully my reaction was timely and she missed. I called the cops.

Imagine driving along in your $170k HEP. Imagine not being so lucky. That would suck.

I drive my cars. But I certainly can understand someone being very careful with a car that is going up in value (for whatever reason). If I was him, I would do exactly what I recommended, drive the plain Jane dime a dozen 350 and save the R for a very special occasion.
This is exactly why I went and got insurance from Hagerty. It was way more expensive than my Geico policy but 100% worth it to have peace of mind while driving.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is exactly why I went and got insurance from Hagerty. It was way more expensive than my Geico policy but 100% worth it to have peace of mind while driving.
Insurance only goes so far. You can't replace some of these vehicles.

So whats the premium for an agreed upon value of 180k?

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
If a car is collectable, then it's collectable no matter if it has miles on it or not, assuming you take care of it. If you have a R, drive it and enjoy it. The record breaking car had almost 1k miles. I would hope the new owner would drive it some since it is a used car. But it being low mileage and given what he just paid for it I would assume he will try to keep the mileage down. The only R's that probably shouldn't get driven are wrapper cars, which will always bring in the highest premiums (sad for the cars but it is what it is).

Mine's in winter storage right now, but once spring hits I probably take her out 1 to 2 times per week. Do some car shows, go out to dinner, and of course do some spirited driving on some open roads.

As the 2015's and Hep R cars continue to rise in value, the rest of the R's will slowly trail behind. If you take good care of the car it will be worth way more money than what you paid for it down the road. So go out and drive her! Whether it's once a day, once a week, once a month. Doesn't matter. Just enjoy it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2016-dodge-viper-acr-gtc-2/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-ford-gt-59/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1968-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-convertible/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-shelby-mustang-gt350-5/

What do all these cars have in common?
Sponsored