Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Market is getting flooded with GT 350’s now. The party has to end pretty soon. Maybe 68-9 on this one
Flooded with R's tho?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
There’s less then 300 units for sale on Autotrader for 2015-2020, 350’s and R’s, new and used. 21 are private party. Just the numbers for private sale being so low is an indication the market is not flooded. In fact it’s quite the opposite. The very low number of private sales shows how many dealers are actually seeking out these cars to buy. One of the other markets I pay attention to quite a bit is utv’s. Specifically X3’s and Rzr’s, 4 doors in particular. They rarely come up even nation wide, and they bring all the money and do not last. There are niche’s that do very well. The 350 is for sure one of them and will be for quite some time. I’m biased of course. Lol

Market is getting flooded with GT 350’s now. The party has to end pretty soon. Maybe 68-9 on this one

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I disagree about flooded. Flooded, look at AutoTrader of GT500s, there are over 11 pages of multiple trims. I never remember that many cars being available for sale on autotrader when I was buying. Guess Ford wasn’t lying when they said “we’ll make as many as people want.”

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
428 ‘20-‘21 GT 500’s for sale is surprising for sure.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I think the hype has died down a bit on the 500's Plus price wise they are still asking some ADM's
hype has definitely died down. These type of cars will always have ADM for the majority of sellers.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I think the hype has died down a bit on the 500's Plus price wise they are still asking some ADM's
I agree that the hype for the GT500 car has recently gone away to some degree especially in light of the discontinued production for the very unique GT350/R examples that were offered over 6 models years.

I suggest that a combination of the FPC NA engine, manual transmission, less weight, pricing and better overall looks of the GT350/R's has had an impact on the declining demand for the 3rd generation GT500 cars.

Additionally, after having communicated with numerous Shelby Mustang enthusiasts over the last year or so I am getting consistant feedback from owners of both the GT350 and GT500 models after which time the majority of these enthusiasts feel that the GT350 is a better drivers car and provides a more engaged driving experience thus the continued demand for the GT350/R examples in recent months despite production being permanently closed as of ~6 months ago.

No question that the 3rd generation GT500 cars are a faster and quicker Pony Car than the 2nd generation GT350/R models but that does not necessarily equate to more of a demand for the 3rd generation GT500 models.

:sunglasses:

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I agree that the hype for the GT500 car has recently gone away to some degree especially in light of the discontinued production for the very unique GT350/R examples that were offered over 6 models years.

I suggest that a combination of the FPC NA engine, manual transmission, less weight, pricing and better overall looks of the GT350/R's has had an impact on the declining demand for the 3rd generation GT500 cars.

Additionally, after having communicated with numerous Shelby Mustang enthusiasts over the last year or so I am getting consistant feedback from owners of both the GT350 and GT500 models after which time the majority of these enthusiasts feel that the GT350 is a better drivers car and provides a more engaged driving experience thus the continued demand for the GT350/R examples in recent months despite production being permanently closed as of ~6 months ago.

No question that the 3rd generation GT500 cars are a faster and quicker Pony Car than the 2nd generation GT350/R models but that does not necessarily equate to more of a demand for the 3rd generation GT500 models.

:sunglasses:
I’m sure you have experienced this occurrence with fellow enthusiasts who have had both GT350R and the 500 either carbon or drag, and they either went back to the GT350R, or as you said claim it is the better drivers car. I know three people who sold their R to buy a carbon series and then within six months had either swapped or had the 500 up for sale. I was amazed with the turnover of just local people that I know. When questioning why? Especially after being so excited, pulling strings with Ford to get an early model gold ticket carbon, they had now soured.

One said he was driving through the mountains with a friend who was driving a Subaru. They changed keys and he said he had as much or more fun in the Subaru. He said the 500 tries to be good at everything and only manages to be okay at most “jack of all trades, master of none” if you will. He said he had more fun in the R. Now that is a person’s perspective, not gospel, so other people’s impressions of the R vs the 500 could be vastly different, but here was a guy who put his carbon up for sale within 6 months of receiving it.

If I lost my R or if I had to get rid of it, the one thing that I would miss the most is the sound. I’ve had about six Mustangs, most high horsepower street strip cars. I’ve had turbos and I’ve had superchargers. None of them can match the incredible aural experience that a GT350R does—it’s incredible.

If I had a 500, I know I would miss that.

I think Matt Farah said it best when explaining how he would take a GT350R over the more powerful Roush. He said, “people clamor for the Porsche GT3 way more than they do for the GT2RS.” Yes it’s not as fast, but that high revving motor is a magical experience. The GT350R is the Mustang’s GT3 and people are treating it that way that there is some magic that is very desirable.

Last edited:

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
I think Matt Farah said it beat when explaining how he would take a GT350R over the more powerful Roush. He said, “people clamor for the Porsche GT3 way more than they do for the GT2RS.” Yes it’s not as fast, but that high revving motor is a magical experience. The GT350R is the Mustang’s GT3 and people are treating it that way that there is some magic that is very desirable.
That's exactly how I describe the latest Shelby siblings to others when they ask about them: The GT350 is Ford's GT3, the lighter, naturally-aspirated screamer, and the GT500 is the GT2, the heavy-weight power monster.

Both cars from both companies are incredible dance partners in their own ways, and I can't fault anyone for liking one over the other. For me, I'm all about the involvement and theater of the drive over brute force, so my choices are rather obvious.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have both and say that they are really not compatible cars. You like one for certain characteristics and the other for different values.

I certainly would not say one is better over the other. They are very different cars.

Which do I drive the most? Its not the '17 R. Its not the '18 base R. Its the CFTP.

To each his own, and that is really what its all about.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I’m sure you have experienced this occurrence with fellow enthusiasts who have had both GT350R and the 500 either carbon or drag, and they either went back to the GT350R, or as you said claim it is the better drivers car. I know three people who sold their R to buy a carbon series and then within six months had either swapped or had the 500 up for sale. I was amazed with the turnover of just local people that I know. When questioning why? Especially after being so excited, pulling strings with Ford to get an early model gold ticket carbon, they had now soured.

One said he was driving through the mountains with a friend who was driving a Subaru. They changed keys and he said he had as much or more fun in the Subaru. He said the 500 tries to be good at everything and only manages to be okay at most “jack of all trades, master of none” if you will. He said he had more fun in the R. Now that is a person’s perspective, not gospel, so other people’s impressions of the R vs the 500 could be vastly different, but here was a guy who put his carbon up for sale within 6 months of receiving it.

If I lost my R or if I had to get rid of it, the one thing that I would miss the most is the sound. I’ve had about six Mustangs, most high horsepower street strip cars. I’ve had turbos and I’ve had superchargers. None of them can match the incredible aural experience that a GT350R does—it’s incredible.

I think Matt Farah said it beat when explaining how he would take a GT350R over the more powerful Roush. He said, “people clamor for the Porsche GT3 way more than they do for the GT2RS.” Yes it’s not as fast, but that high revving motor is a magical experience. The GT350R is the Mustang’s GT3 and people are treating it that way that there is some magic that is very desirable.
Agree with all aspects of your comments and very happy that I did not go through with my 2020 GT500 CFTP allocation based on a gut feeling that I felt right from day one after which time I eventually turned my Golden Ticket allocation back into my dealership and have never looked back.

:like: :like:

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0

I think Matt Farah said it best when explaining how he would take a GT350R over the more powerful Roush. He said, “people clamor for the Porsche GT3 way more than they do for the GT2RS.” Yes it’s not as fast, but that high revving motor is a magical experience. The GT350R is the Mustang’s GT3 and people are treating it that way that there is some magic that is very desirable.
I would disagree with this. While my 19-GT350 sounded great especially in the high rpm band, I thought it was a little lacking down low. I think this is the reason many GT350 owners are quick to modify the exhaust. In comparison my GT500 sounds nasty throughout the RPM band. If you have never been in a GT500 in track mode I suggest you give it a try, the exhaust is thrilling and it has the incredible power to back the sound up.
Sponsored